Acer Aspire C710 Chromebook, Intel Celeron 847, 2GB RAM, 320GB, 11.6”, Grey
The Aspire C710 is a great value Chromebook from Acer. At just 1.38kg, this Chromebook is perfect to use when you’re on the go and since it’s running Google’s Chrome OS, not only will it boot up in seconds, but it’s so simple to use that you’ll be up and running within minutes of taking it out of the box- with almost no setup required.
Chrome OS is designed help your computer get better with age. It features built-in virus protection, while updates and backups occur automatically, detracting from your experience as a user.
Programs no longer need to clog up your system- all you need is a browser. Chrome OS uses the Google Chrome browser to access applications stored on the cloud, and will act as a web browser, portal for accessing web apps and media player all in one.
There are millions of web apps available to run, from games to spreadsheets to photo editors. Many of these apps run in HTML5- and will therefore keep working when you’re not even connected to the internet.
Not only are apps stored on the cloud, but so are your settings- so you can log onto any Chromebook and keep working as if it was your own.
With 320GB of storage built in, you’ll have ample room to store documents, music and videos. An additional 100GB of cloud storage is provided on Google Drive for two years, so you can easily access files from any device with a web browser.
The Intel Celeron processor and 2GB of RAM will provide you with more than enough power to perform your everyday activities, with Chrome OS taking up almost no memory.
Enjoy videos and photos in high definition on the crisp 11.6” screen, while video chats will show you at your best with the HD webcam.
Connect multiple devices with the 3 USB ports, or slot in a memory card from a camera directly into the 2-in-1 card reader.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 4 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H27.35 x W285 x D202 mm
- Ethernet port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- RJ-45 Ethernet port
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A solid state drive has fewer moving parts so allows for a quicker start up as well as providing more security if your computer is dropped.
- Headphone socket
- Memory card slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- 2-in-1 card reader
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Google Chrome OS
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 3x USB 2.0
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Intel Celeron 847
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit display
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p HD webcam
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Sunday233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Choosing the laptop that's right for you