Acer Aspire E1-522 Laptop, AMD A4, 4GB RAM, 750GB, 15.6", Black
The Acer Aspire E1 combines solid performance and affordability to deliver a laptop that shouldn't be missed. With a range of connectivity options, a quad-core processor and plenty of storage, the Aspire E1 is a practical yet stylish notebook for everyday use.
Powered by AMD's quad-core A4 processor and 4GB of RAM, the Aspire E1 is primed to take on your everyday tasks, from internet browsing and social networking to creating documents and watching videos. With four cores running simultaneously, the A4 is great for multitasking, allowing you to open multiple programs without the speed suffering.
The E1 features a huge number of connections to help you get the most out of your machine. Three USB ports, including one ultrafast USB 3.0 will help you connect peripherals, including external drives, printers and mice, while Bluetooth 4.0 with enable wireless transfer of files and even streaming music to compatible Bluetooth speakers. An SD card slot is included to make it easy to transfer photos and files from SD cards used with cameras, tablets and other devices. See your computer on the big screen by using the HDMI or VGA ports, while AMD's Wireless Display technology will allow you to send your picture to a Miracast enabled television without the need for wires. You'll also be able to connect to a network or the internet using either the Gigabit Ethernet port or wirelessly, thanks to the Acer Nplify Wi-Fi card.
Plenty of room for storage
With a 750GB hard drive, the Aspire E1 includes enough storage for a whole family to store their personal documents, photos and music.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 3.5 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes- 4.0+HS
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- CD/DVD Read & Write
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H25.3 x W382 x D256 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- AMD Radeon HD 8330 Graphics
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A solid state drive has fewer moving parts so allows for a quicker start up as well as providing more security if your computer is dropped.
- 750GB hard drive
- Headphone socket
- Acer FineTouch Keyboard with numeric keypad
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD Card Reader
- Model name / number
- Aspire E1-522
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Quad-core AMD A4-5000
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- Active Matrix TFT Colour LCD
- HD audio support
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.3 megapixel webcam
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Yes- AMD Wireless Display with Miracast
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
259 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As