Acer Iconia A1-830 Tablet, Intel Atom, Android, 7.9", Wi-Fi, 16GB, White & Silver
The sleek Acer Iconia A1-830 has been crafted from high quality materials for a deluxe look and feel. The metallic back makes this Android tablet both premium and durable, while the Intel® Atom™ processor helps to deliver smooth performance in your apps and games.
The dual-core Intel Atom processor gives the Iconia A1 the power to deliver fast web browsing and better performance in games and apps. You'll also be able to enjoy this performance for longer without recharging too, thanks to a battery life as long as 7 hours 30 minutes of continuous HD video playback.
About a screen
The 7.9-inch screen on the Iconia A1 provides 35 per cent more screen than on a 7-inch tablet, without compromising its portability. The 4:3 aspect ration is ideal for browsing the web and reading eBooks, while the narrow bezel ensures that the screen dominates your vision. It measures just 8.15mm in depth, ensuring maximum portability, whether you're carrying it in you hand or slipping it away in a bag.
Iconia A1 is running on Android 4.2, Jelly Bean and comes complete with apps like Google Maps, YouTube and Google Play, for access to more games, apps, music tracks, movies and eBooks. With Android 4.2, you can set up different user accounts, making it possible for the whole family to enjoy their own individual apps and widgets, with parental controls in place to help you protect your children. You can also update the Iconia to Android 4.4 over an internet connection, giving you access to new features and improved functionality.
Immersed in entertainment
The HD display on the Iconia A1 features advanced IPS technology to ensure vibrant colours across wide 178° viewing angles. And with integrated dual speakers, you'll be able to hear more definition from you music and videos.
Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Accessories Included
- Power adaptor. USB to micro USB cable
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 7 hours 30 minutes (HD video playback)
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H203 x W138.4 x 8.15 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR SGX544
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 16GB eMMC
- Headphone socket
- Location Services
- GPS, GLONASS
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- MicroSD (up to 32GB)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB 2.0
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Atom Z2560
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1024 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- 4:3 aspect ratio 5 point capacitive touch screen with IPS technology
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Dual speakers
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 2 megapixel webcam
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixel camera
- Wireless Display Information Allows wireless data streaming to a WiDi-enabled TV.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
309 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Saturday