AEG L89499FL ÖKOMix Freestanding Washing Machine, 9kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1400rpm Spin, White
We like it because...
In July 2015, this product was awarded the "Best Buy" for Washing Machines by Which? magazine, outlining the high quality and superior efficiency of this AEG product.
Introducing AEG’s most efficient, high performance washing machine- the L89499FL AEG ÖKOMix with an A+++-50% energy rating and Woolmark Accreditation.
Technological innovations are aplenty in the AEG L89499FL, including pre-mixing technology and the ÖKO inverter permanent magnet motor. These technologies allow you to wash everything from large 9kg cotton loads to the most delicate handwash items, such as silk and cashmere whilst keeping a green conscience. Not only does this washing machine provide outstanding fabric care it consumes half the amount of energy of an A+++ rated machine, saving you money on electricity and water bills.
16 innovative wash programmes and jet system washing technology ensures your clothes will be cared for. Programmes include Super eco, delicates and even dry clean only. With the AEG ÖKOMix, detergent is first added to the water to make an instant, concentrated wash mix. AEG’s DirectSpray system then delivers this mix into the heart of your laundry where it begins to work immediately. This results in a more thorough, yet gentle wash that uses less energy and is just as effective at 30ºC as it is at 40ºC. The direct spray also ensures that the mixed water and detergent are evenly distributed throughout the load, avoiding bleach spots and stains on your clothes.
Thanks to the L89499FL’s outstanding efficiency there’s no compromise on wash time. A full 9kg load of soiled laundry can be washed perfectly at A+++-50% in less than three and a half hours, while smaller loads will be cleaned using the optimum amount of time, water and energy as determined by the machines intelligent sensors.
The ÖKOMix range has been awarded the Woolmark Green certificate for its exceptionally gentle care of woollen and cashmere garments. The L89499FL will treat all handwash only garments, no matter how expensive or delicate, with expert care.
A handy steam programme can also refresh dry clean only garments like suits and dresses for the ultimate in convenience.
The stylish looks of the L89499FL with a large glass door, control panel and sleek silver frame will complement any interior. The LogicControl touch display is made of high quality stainless steel and has an anti-fingerprint coating. Thanks to the intuitive menu guide, this washing machine is extremely easy to operate.
- A+++-50% energy rating
- ÖKOMix Technology: water and detergent are pre-mixed before being sprayed onto fabrics from the top of the drum
- ÖKO inverter permanent magnet motor: the brushless motor optimise operation so no energy is lost
- OptiSense: internal sensors use only the energy, time and water needed for best results
- Soft Steam: refresh your clothes thanks to gentle soft steam
- Woolmark Accreditation
- Auto Dose Information This function automatically doses liquid detergents into your wash, always dosing the right amount at the right time, every time.
- Automatic Load Adjustment Information Automatically adjusts water level for a smaller load, thus saving time and money
- Delay Start
- Delicate Wash Information This wash cycle uses a lesser degree of agitation and the spin cycle uses a slow spin to extract water from your laundry. This reduces the agitation and abrasion on clothes helping to protect delicate fabrics
- Digital display
- H85 x W60 x D63.9cm
- Energy Consumption- Washing and Spinning Information Amount of energy used during standard 60ºC cotton cycle
- Energy Rating Information Graded on performance, from A+++ to G, with A+++ being the highest rating. Higher ratings mean better energy efficiency
- Estimated Annual Energy Consumption- Washing and Spinning Information Based on 160 washing cycles of the standard cotton programme at full and partial load. Actual energy consumption per cycle will depend on how the appliance is used
- Estimated Annual Water Consumption- Washing and Spinning
- 10 499L
- Hand wash Information Special programme for delicates
- Load Capacity Information The maximum recommended weight of your washing in kg
- Maximum Spin Speed Information The faster the spin, the more water is removed in the spin cycle
- Model name / number
- Next Day Delivery Information We offer next working day delivery of appliances in selected areas. See our delivery information page for conditions
- Noise Level- Spin Cycle
- Noise Level- Wash Cycle
- Number of Programs
- Overflow protection Information An anti-flood device prevents the machine from being damaged by flooding from the inlet pipe
- Programme time (60°C cotton cycle) Information Time in minutes it takes for the wash programme to run
- Program Sequence Indicator Information Tells you the progress of your washing/drying cycle
- Quiet Mark
- Services available
- Connection/installation service available
- Spin performance Information Graded on performance A - G, with A being the highest grade. The higher the grade the more energy efficient the appliance.
- Time remaining indicator Information Tells you how long the programme's got to go
- Variable temperature control Information Variable temperature selections to choose from to suit your requirements.
- Wash performance Information Graded on performance A - G, with A being the highest grade. The higher the grade the more energy efficient the appliance.
- Water Consumption- Washing and Spinning Information The amount of water used during a standard wash only cycle.
- Water supply (fill type) Information Whether cold and/or hot water used. Cold water only is more efficient, as mains hot water is normally hotter than most programmes, so it will need cooling down to operate.
- Cold fill
- Wool Programme Information Gentle programme for washable woollens
- Delivered within 7 working days (may be longer for N Ireland and rural areas)
- Next day delivery to selected areas
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Free Washer Disposal
We'll remove and dispose of your old washing machine or washer dryer.
We'll connect your appliance to the water and waste pipes, switch it on, and do a test wash We'll remove and dispose of all packaging responsibly
Before you buy, please check:
- Ensure your waste pipe, water supply and electricity connections are no more than 1m away from where the appliance will be.
- For freestanding appliances, ensure you have a 13 amp 3 pin plug socket for connection.
- Unless it's a condenser tumble dryer, ensure there is an existing vent near the intended location.
- Ensure the appliance fits in your chosen location.
- For integrated or semi-integrated installations, make sure your kitchen units are able to house the new appliance - we do not offer carpentry work to modify units.
Before we deliver:
- For installation, please drain your current appliance.
- Identify where the mains water switch is in your home - check you can switch it off.