Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Tablet, Qualcomm Snapdragon, Fire OS, 7", Wi-Fi & 4G LTE, 16GB, Black
The powerful Kindle Fire HDX goes beyond with incredible technology to give you an amazing handheld experience. It features an astoundingly high resolution HDX display, fast quad-core processor and your very own technology support expert just a tap away with the Mayday button. And it's all packed within a 7-inch tablet that weighs little more than 300g and with a battery life of up to a whopping 17 hours for unbelievable portability.
Packed with technology
The amazing HDX display on Kindle Fire HDX combines a high 339 PPI pixel density with 100% sRGB colour accuracy to give you lifelike, crisp images that look just like the photographer or videographer intended. It also employs dynamic image contrast to automatically optimise the colour of each pixel based on the amount of light in your surroundings to make things easier to see in bright light.
Fire HDX is powered by a lightning fast 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, providing 3 times the processing power of the previous generation Kindle Fire HD. Combined with 2GB of RAM, you'll enjoy faster app launches, faster website loading times, smoother multi-tasking and better overall performance.
Kindle Fire HDX also features an Adreno 330 graphics processor to help you enjoy the latest games, MIMO Wi-Fi for a fast, uninterrupted connection to your wireless router and Dolby Digital Plus to help craft a world-class audio experience for your music, movies and games.
Help is just a tap away with Mayday
The new Mayday button on Kindle Fire HDX will use the internet to connect you to an Amazon expert who can guide you through any problems you're having. Mayday is available 24/7, 365 days a year, for free and Amazon aim to respond to all calls within 15 seconds. You'll be able to see an Amazon Tech advisor on your screen, but they won't be able to see you.
Fire OS 3.0 Mojito
Kindle Fires run on Amazon's exclusive 'Fire' operating system. Fire OS uses Google Android and customises it to give you the fastest access to your favourite apps and Amazon services. Fire OS's home screen prioritises the apps and content you've used most recently to make them easily accessible in Carousel or Grid views. You can also swipe from app to app thanks to the side-swipe feature, which will flick between your open apps without having to navigate to the home screen.
Fire OS includes support for printing directly from you Fire and accessibility tools such as Screen Reader, Explore By Touch and Screen Magnifier to help you get the most out of your Kindle Fire HDX. It also comes with a variety of apps, including enhanced e-mail and Amazon's ultra-fast Silk web browser, which can help give you a browsing experience customised for your needs, whether it's in text only 'Reading Mode' or helping you access your favourite content in as few taps as possible.
Perfect for the entire family
Kindle Fire HDX comes with plenty of apps adults to enjoy, however, it's also ideal for kids. Kindle FreeTime is a service designed to help parents look after their child's tablet experience and give them peace of mind. You can create a profile for each of your children and choose which content they have access to, giving them a kid-friendly design and access only to content you're allowing them to see. You can also set daily limits on how long they can use their Kindle Fire HDX for, or restrict certain categories, like games, while leaving unlimited reading time. It's also light enough for a child to hold comfortably and features a durable display, so you can let your child play without worry.
Books, movies, music and more
As well as apps and games, available from the Amazon Appstore, Kindle Fire HDX provides access to some of the best consumable content available, through service like the Kindle store for eBooks, Audible for Audiobooks, LOVEFiLM for movie streaming and Amazon MP3 for music.
Fast Internet over Wi-Fi or 4G
Built-in Wi-Fi with MIMO ensures you'll be able to enjoy fast wireless internet with less chance of dropped connections. You'll also be able to use a SIM card to connect to a mobile network for superfast internet through 4G LTE. Fire HDX supports multiple bands, so you'll be able to connect to 3G instead, if 4G isn't available.
Please note: Network charges may apply when using a 4G LTE or HSPA+ data plan. Please see your network's terms and conditions for further information.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 11 hours mixed use, 17 hours when reading
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H186 x W128 x D9.0 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Qualcomm Adreno 330
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Headphone socket
- Location Services
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- Kindle Fire HDX B00CYR5T3U
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Fire OS 3.0 (based on Android 4.2.2)
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 323 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- Multi-touch display with 100% sRGB colour accuracy, max brightness over 400 nits, Dynamic Image Contrast, reduced glare, and advanced polarizing filter
- Accelerometer, gyroscope
- Shop by Type
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Integrated stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio engine
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 MP HD still and video camera
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n, 4G LTE via SIM Card
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
368 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days (after Christmas)
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (after Christmas)
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am (after Christmas)
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.