Apple iPad 2, Apple A5, iOS 6, 9.7”, Wi-Fi & 3G, 16GB, White
iPad 2: Thin, light and full of great ideas
iPad 2 has a 9.7-inch LED-backlit display, front and back cameras, up to 10 hours of battery life and powerful apps for the things you love to do every day. And you can discover over 475,000 apps made for iPad in the App Store.
- 9.7-inch LED-backlit display
- Apple A5 chip
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Camera for still photos and 720p HD video recording
- Cameras for FaceTime video calling and Photo Booth
- iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps included
- iOS 6. Upgradeable to iOS 7 and iCloud
- Mobile data service on Wi-Fi + 3G models (sold separately)
- Available in black or white
Please Note: Your new iPad will arrive with iOS 6 installed. iOS 7 can be installed over Wi-Fi or a cellular connection by opening the Settings app, tapping on 'General' and then selecting 'Software Update' and 'Download'.
Alternatively, you can connect your iPad to your internet enabled computer running iTunes by opening iTunes, selecting your iPad, clicking 'Check for Updates' and then 'Download and Update'.
3G SIM Card Information:
This iPad is 3G compatible. If you want to experience 3G internet, we provide you with a free Three SIM card which gives you the option to sign up to a rolling contract for £15.99 a month.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H24.1 x W18.6 x D0.88cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Headphone socket
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple iOS 6 and iCloud
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Apple 30-pin port
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit with IPS
- Touch Screen
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 0.3 megapixels
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 0.7 megapixels
- Wireless Display Information Allows wireless data streaming to a WiDi-enabled TV.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n, 3G via SIM Card
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
259 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As