Apple iPad Air, Apple A7, iOS 8, 9.7", Wi-Fi & Cellular, 16GB, Space Grey
With its all new design, the iPad Air is packed with advanced technology, yet, somehow, thinner and lighter than ever before. It features a 9.7-inch Retina display, 64-bit A7 chip and ultra-fast wireless, with access to over 500,000 of your favourite apps directly from the app store.
iPad Air has been carefully crafted to deliver a sleeker, thinner iPad without compromising on technology. It’s just 7.5mm thin and weighs less than half a kilo, with the weight perfectly distributed to sit comfortably in your hands. An aluminium unibody ensures that the iPad Air feels solid yet light in your hand, while thinner bezels ensure that the astounding Retina display takes your focus. The familiar Home, volume, Sleep/Wake buttons and Side Switch are wonderfully refined and durable thanks to their metallic construction.
Combining Apple’s new 64-bit A7 chip and M7 coprocessor in the iPad Air gives you more speed and performance to do what you want, without compromising on battery life. The A7 allows apps and games to run faster and respond quicker, with superior support for more detailed graphics and visual effects, comparable to those only previously seen on desktop computers and games consoles. The 64-bit architecture supports both the older apps that you love as well as newer, more robust apps that make more possible on an iPad Air. The M7 coprocessor measures motion through the gyroscope, accelerometer and compass, to enable apps to give you a better experience on the go. This allows iPad Air to maintain the same great battery life that you expect from an iPad.
iOS 7- a new perspective
iPad Air will arrive in your hands with iOS 7 installed. iOS 7 has been redesigned with a beautiful new look, easy-to-use interface, amazing features and improved security. Smarter multitasking, Control Centre and AirDrop combined with iCloud makes using an iPad even simpler than ever. And with apps like iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote included, you’re in a better position than ever to enjoy the best of iPad.
Details that matter
The astonishing 9.7-inch Retina display comprises of 3.1 million pixels at a resolution of 2048x1536, displaying incredible detail in your photos and videos and ensuring that text looks sharp and well defined. The thinner bezel on iPad Air makes the display more prominent than ever, with images brought to life right in front of you thanks to an expansive colour palette.
iPad Air features two antennas and MIMO (Multiple-Input Multiple Output) technology to help you get the most out of your router and internet connection. MIMO combines with dual-band wireless, delivering download speeds that are potentially twice as fast as previous generations, reaching up to 300Mbps. And with iPad Air with Cellular, you can connect to mobile networks for up to 4G LTE internet access, all you’ll need is a compatible SIM card from your network provider.
Capture it in HD
Dual cameras on iPad Air give you plenty to smile for. The front-facing FaceTime HD camera is great for online video chats, with a next-generation backside illuminated sensor with larger pixels helping to brighten your calls and selfies, even in low-light. On the back of iPad Air, a 5 megapixel iSight camera will help you snap your shot or full HD video at a moment’s notice, with the A7 processor making the adjustments needed to ensure a great picture or video automatically.
Please Note: To use cellular connectivity, you will require a separate SIM card. Network charges may apply when using a 4G LTE or HSPA+ data plan. Please see your network's terms and conditions for further information.
Please Note: Your new iPad will arrive with iOS 7 installed. iOS 8 can be installed over Wi-Fi or a cellular connection by opening the Settings app, tapping on 'General' and then selecting 'Software Update' and 'Download'.
Alternatively, you can connect your iPad to your internet enabled computer running iTunes by opening iTunes, selecting your iPad, clicking 'Check for Updates' and then 'Download and Update'.
- Accessories Included
- USB to lightning adapter, USB plug
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H240 x W169.5 x D7.5 mm
- Space Grey
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR G6430
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Headphone socket
- Location Services
- GPS, GLONASS
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple iOS 8
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Apple Lightning Port
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Apple A7 with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit Retina display with IPS technology
- Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, gyroscope
- Shop by Type
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Built-in speaker
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- YES- Siri
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixel FaceTime HD Camera
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixel iSight Camera
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n; dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and MIMO, Cellular via SIM card
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection Monday from 2pm
371 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days (after Christmas)
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (in time for Christmas)
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am (in time for Christmas)
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.