Apple iPad mini, Apple A5, iOS 7, 7.9", Wi-Fi, 16GB, Silver
Delivering the iPad experience in a smaller package, the Apple iPad mini makes taking your iPad with you easier than ever. Featuring a 7.9-inch display, FaceTime HD and iSight cameras and an all-day battery life, plus over 500,000 apps and games available from the App Store, iPad mini is thin, light, fully-featured and available at an incredible price.
A Smaller Package
iPad mini is thin, lightweight and perfectly sized to fit in the palm of your hand. It measures just 7.2mm in depth and weighs an amazing 308g, making it perfectly balanced to sit in your hand or slip into a bag when you’re not using it. With the 7.9-inch screen, iPad mini delivers a screen that’s 35 per cent larger than on a 7-inch tablet, while still being small enough to feel comfortable in one hand.
iOS 7- simpler than ever
This iPad mini will arrive in your hands with iOS 7 installed. iOS 7 has been redesigned with a beautiful new look, easy-to-use interface, amazing features and improved security. Smarter multitasking, Control Centre and AirDrop combined with iCloud makes using an iPad even simpler than ever. And with apps like iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote free to download, you’re in a better position than ever to enjoy the best of iPad.
Apple’s A5 chip gives the iPad mini the power it needs to ensure smooth performance, fast graphics and responsive apps. The A5 is power-efficient, helping to ensure iPad mini prospers from a battery life of up to 10 hours, so you can use it all day without needing to recharge.
Capture the moment
Dual cameras on iPad mini give you plenty to smile for. The front-facing FaceTime HD camera is great for online video chats, with a next-generation backside illuminated sensor with larger pixels helping to brighten your calls and selfies, even in low-light. On the back of iPad mini, a 5 megapixel iSight camera will snap beautiful shots with autofocus and face detection or incredible full HD video with image stabilisation.
Please Note: Your new iPad will arrive with iOS 7 installed. iOS 8 can be installed over Wi-Fi or a cellular connection by opening the Settings app, tapping on 'General' and then selecting 'Software Update' and 'Download'.
Alternatively, you can connect your iPad to your internet enabled computer running iTunes by opening iTunes, selecting your iPad, clicking 'Check for Updates' and then 'Download and Update'.
- Accessories Included
- USB to lightning cable, USB plug
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H200 x W134.7 x D7.2mm
- White & Silver
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR SGX543MP2
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Headphone socket
- Location Services
- Memory (RAM) Information Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your computer to multitask.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple iOS 7
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Apple Lightning Port
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Apple A5 Dual-Core
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1024 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit with IPS
- Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, gyroscope
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- YES- Siri
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixels
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixels
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
355 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Free Standard delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow