Apple iPad mini with Retina display, Apple A7, iOS 7, 7.9", Wi-Fi & Cellular, 16GB, Space Grey
Apple’s iPad mini with Retina display delivers the full iPad experience into a smaller, lighter package. With impressive specifications that deliver a fast and fluid experience with incredible visuals and an all-day battery life, iPad mini with Retina display still fits easily in one hand.
iPad mini with Retina display is thin, lightweight and perfectly sized to fit in the palm of your hand. It measures just 7.5mm in depth and weighs an amazing 341g, making it perfectly balanced to sit in your hand or slip into a bag when you’re not using it. With the 7.9-inch screen, iPad mini delivers a screen that’s 35 per cent larger than on a 7-inch tablet, while still being small enough to feel comfortable in one hand.
The astonishing 7.9-inch Retina display comprises of 3.1 million pixels at a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels, displaying incredible detail in your photos and videos and ensuring that text looks sharp and well defined.
iPad mini with Retina display will arrive in your hands with iOS 7 installed. iOS 7 has been redesigned with a beautiful new look, easy-to-use interface, amazing features and improved security. Smarter multitasking, Control Centre and AirDrop combined with iCloud makes using an iPad mini even simpler than ever. There are over 500,000 apps available to download from the App store, while apps like iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are included, so you’re in a better position than ever to enjoy the best of iPad.
Fast and fluid
Combining Apple’s new 64-bit A7 chip and M7 coprocessor in iPad mini with Retina display gives you more speed and performance to do what you want, without compromising on battery life. The A7 allows apps and games to run faster and respond quicker, with superior support for more detailed graphics and visual effects, comparable to those only previously seen on desktop computers and games consoles. The 64-bit architecture supports both the older apps that you love as well as newer, more robust apps that make more possible on an iPad mini with Retina display. The M7 coprocessor measures motion through the gyroscope, accelerometer and compass, to enable apps to give you a better experience on the go. This allows iPad mini with Retina display to maintain the same great battery life that you expect from an iPad.
Capture it in HD
Dual cameras on iPad mini with Retina display give you plenty to smile for. The front-facing FaceTime HD camera is great for online video chats, with a next-generation backside illuminated sensor with larger pixels helping to brighten your calls and selfies, even in low-light. On the back of iPad mini with Retina display, a 5 megapixel iSight camera will help you snap your shot or full HD video at a moment’s notice, with the A7 processor making the adjustments needed to ensure a great picture or video automatically.
iPad mini with Retina display features two antennas and MIMO (Multiple-Input Multiple Output) technology to help you get the most out of your router and internet connection. MIMO combines with dual-band wireless, delivering download speeds that are potentially twice as fast as previous generations, reaching up to 300Mbps. And with iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular model, you can connect to mobile networks for up to 4G LTE internet access, all you’ll need is a compatible SIM card from your network provider.
Please note: Cases and covers designed for older versions of iPad mini may not be compatible with iPad mini with Retina display. Please check before purchasing. View iPad mini with Retina display cases.
- Accessories Included
- USB to lightning adapter, USB plug
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H200 x W134.7 x D7.5 mm
- Space Grey
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR G6430
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this will already be consumer by pre-installed data. A solid state drive has fewer moving parts so allows for a quicker start up as well as providing more security if your computer is dropped.
- Headphone socket
- Location Services
- GPS, GLONASS
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple iOS 7
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 326 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Apple Lightning Port
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Apple A7 with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit Retina display with IPS technology
- Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, gyroscope
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Built-in speaker
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- YES- Siri
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixel FaceTime Camera
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixel iSight Camera
- Wireless Display Information Allows wireless data streaming to a WiDi-enabled TV.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n; dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and MIMO, Cellular via SIM card
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
262 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow