Apple iPad mini 2, Apple A7, iOS, 7.9", Wi-Fi & Cellular, 32GB, Space Grey
1 bundle available - Save up to £17.48
Apple’s iPad mini with Retina display delivers the full iPad experience into a smaller, lighter package. With impressive specifications that deliver a fast and fluid experience with incredible visuals and an all-day battery life, iPad mini with Retina display still fits easily in one hand.
iPad mini with Retina display is thin, lightweight and perfectly sized to fit in the palm of your hand. It measures just 7.5mm in depth and weighs an amazing 341g, making it perfectly balanced to sit in your hand or slip into a bag when you’re not using it. With the 7.9-inch screen, iPad mini delivers a screen that’s 35 per cent larger than on a 7-inch tablet, while still being small enough to feel comfortable in one hand.
The astonishing 7.9-inch Retina display comprises of 3.1 million pixels at a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels, displaying incredible detail in your photos and videos and ensuring that text looks sharp and well defined.
Fast and fluid
Combining Apple’s new 64-bit A7 chip and M7 coprocessor in iPad mini with Retina display gives you more speed and performance to do what you want, without compromising on battery life. The A7 allows apps and games to run faster and respond quicker, with superior support for more detailed graphics and visual effects, comparable to those only previously seen on desktop computers and games consoles. The 64-bit architecture supports both the older apps that you love as well as newer, more robust apps that make more possible on an iPad mini with Retina display. The M7 coprocessor measures motion through the gyroscope, accelerometer and compass, to enable apps to give you a better experience on the go. This allows iPad mini with Retina display to maintain the same great battery life that you expect from an iPad.
Capture it in HD
Dual cameras on iPad mini with Retina display give you plenty to smile for. The front-facing FaceTime HD camera is great for online video chats, with a next-generation backside illuminated sensor with larger pixels helping to brighten your calls and selfies, even in low-light. On the back of iPad mini with Retina display, a 5 megapixel iSight camera will help you snap your shot or full HD video at a moment’s notice, with the A7 processor making the adjustments needed to ensure a great picture or video automatically.
iPad mini with Retina display features two antennas and MIMO (Multiple-Input Multiple Output) technology to help you get the most out of your router and internet connection. MIMO combines with dual-band wireless, delivering download speeds that are potentially twice as fast as previous generations, reaching up to 300Mbps. And with iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular model, you can connect to mobile networks for up to 4G LTE internet access, all you’ll need is a compatible SIM card from your network provider.
Bringing iPad to life in personal and powerful ways with a beautiful and easy to use interface. Intelligent suggestions are there right when you need them, while advanced technologies protect your privacy and security. Hardware and software work together, taking full advantage of the powerful A10 chip, advanced camera system, Touch ID sensor and 3D touch.
Each of the core collection of apps is engineered with incredible attention to detail, like Photos, Maps, Messages, News and Health, that work straight out of the box. Plus, with over a million apps available on the App Store, you'll find plenty of options to do almost anything you can imagine.
With iCloud, iOS 10 can connect your Apple products automatically and make your everyday easier. Start a task on your iPad and finish on your Mac. Stream video from your iPhone to your TV through Apple TV. Everything's synced so all your devices have the latest information.
The iOS 10 also comes with an amazing collection of apps, so you can start making the most of your iPad, straight out of the box. Take photos and videos and edit them on the go. Make video calls with FaceTime and send emails. Organise your life with Siri, Maps and the Calendar app. Plus, with over one million apps available on the App Store, you'll find plenty of options to do almost anything you can imagine.
Please Note: To use cellular connectivity, you will require a separate SIM card. Network charges may apply when using a 4G LTE or HSPA+ data plan. Please see your network's terms and conditions for further information.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Payment Plan in shops
Spread the cost of your Apple product for up to 2 years with our Payment Plan — only available in our shops on Apple purchases of £399 or more, and provided by Hitachi Capital — helps to make your purchase more affordable by spreading the cost of your new Apple purchase across monthly payment options. 14.9% APR representative. Terms and conditions apply. Subject to status. Find Out More
Please bring your ID and proof of address with you when applying for the Payment Plan at one of our branches.
- Accessories Included
- USB to lightning adaptor, USB plug
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixel FaceTime Camera
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixel iSight Camera
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H200 x W134.7 x D7.5 mm
- Space Grey
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR G6430
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Location Services
- GPS, GLONASS
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- iPad mini 2, Wi-Fi & Cellular, 32GB, Space Grey
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple iOS 10
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 326 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Apple Lightning Port
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Apple A7 with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit Retina display with IPS technology
- Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, gyroscope
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Built-in speaker
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Yes- Siri
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n; dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and MIMO, Cellular via SIM card
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy