Apple iPad mini 2, Apple A7, iOS 8, 7.9", Wi-Fi & Cellular, 32GB, Space Grey
Apple’s iPad mini with Retina display delivers the full iPad experience into a smaller, lighter package. With impressive specifications that deliver a fast and fluid experience with incredible visuals and an all-day battery life, iPad mini with Retina display still fits easily in one hand.
iPad mini with Retina display is thin, lightweight and perfectly sized to fit in the palm of your hand. It measures just 7.5mm in depth and weighs an amazing 341g, making it perfectly balanced to sit in your hand or slip into a bag when you’re not using it. With the 7.9-inch screen, iPad mini delivers a screen that’s 35 per cent larger than on a 7-inch tablet, while still being small enough to feel comfortable in one hand.
The astonishing 7.9-inch Retina display comprises of 3.1 million pixels at a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels, displaying incredible detail in your photos and videos and ensuring that text looks sharp and well defined.
iPad mini with Retina display will arrive in your hands with iOS 7 installed. iOS 7 has been redesigned with a beautiful new look, easy-to-use interface, amazing features and improved security. Smarter multitasking, Control Centre and AirDrop combined with iCloud makes using an iPad mini even simpler than ever. There are over 500,000 apps available to download from the App store, while apps like iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are included, so you’re in a better position than ever to enjoy the best of iPad.
Fast and fluid
Combining Apple’s new 64-bit A7 chip and M7 coprocessor in iPad mini with Retina display gives you more speed and performance to do what you want, without compromising on battery life. The A7 allows apps and games to run faster and respond quicker, with superior support for more detailed graphics and visual effects, comparable to those only previously seen on desktop computers and games consoles. The 64-bit architecture supports both the older apps that you love as well as newer, more robust apps that make more possible on an iPad mini with Retina display. The M7 coprocessor measures motion through the gyroscope, accelerometer and compass, to enable apps to give you a better experience on the go. This allows iPad mini with Retina display to maintain the same great battery life that you expect from an iPad.
Capture it in HD
Dual cameras on iPad mini with Retina display give you plenty to smile for. The front-facing FaceTime HD camera is great for online video chats, with a next-generation backside illuminated sensor with larger pixels helping to brighten your calls and selfies, even in low-light. On the back of iPad mini with Retina display, a 5 megapixel iSight camera will help you snap your shot or full HD video at a moment’s notice, with the A7 processor making the adjustments needed to ensure a great picture or video automatically.
iPad mini with Retina display features two antennas and MIMO (Multiple-Input Multiple Output) technology to help you get the most out of your router and internet connection. MIMO combines with dual-band wireless, delivering download speeds that are potentially twice as fast as previous generations, reaching up to 300Mbps. And with iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular model, you can connect to mobile networks for up to 4G LTE internet access, all you’ll need is a compatible SIM card from your network provider.
Please Note: Your new iPad will arrive with iOS 7 installed. iOS 8 can be installed over Wi-Fi or a cellular connection by opening the Settings app, tapping on 'General' and then selecting 'Software Update' and 'Download'.
Alternatively, you can connect your iPad to your internet enabled computer running iTunes by opening iTunes, selecting your iPad, clicking 'Check for Updates' and then 'Download and Update'.
Please Note: To use cellular connectivity, you will require a separate SIM card. Network charges may apply when using a 4G LTE or HSPA+ data plan. Please see your network's terms and conditions for further information.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- USB to lightning adaptor, USB plug
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H200 x W134.7 x D7.5 mm
- Space Grey
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR G6430
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Headphone socket
- Location Services
- GPS, GLONASS
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- iPad mini 2, Wi-Fi & Cellular, 32GB, Space Grey
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple iOS 8
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 326 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Apple Lightning Port
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Apple A7 with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit Retina display with IPS technology
- Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, gyroscope
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Built-in speaker
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- YES- Siri
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixel FaceTime Camera
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixel iSight Camera
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n; dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and MIMO, Cellular via SIM card
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
366 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from Monday - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Free Standard delivery in 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Monday