Apple iPad with Retina Display, Apple A6X, iOS 6, 9.7”, Wi-Fi, 64GB, Black
Product informationJust as stunning. Twice as fast.
iPad features a stunning Retina display, FaceTime HD and iSight cameras, the all-new A6X chip and ultra-fast wireless. And with access to over 275,000 apps on the App Store, you can do more than ever.
- Product Highlights:
- 9.7-inch Retina display
- A6X chip with quad-core graphics
- 5MP iSight camera with 1080p HD video recording
- FaceTime HD camera
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Over 275,000 apps on the App Store
- iOS 6 and iCloud
- Mobile data service on Wi-Fi + Cellular models (data plan sold separately)
- Available in black or white
Please Note: Your new iPad will arrive with iOS 6 installed. iOS 7 can be installed over Wi-Fi or a cellular connection by opening the Settings app, tapping on 'General' and then selecting 'Software Update' and 'Download'.
Alternatively, you can connect your iPad to your internet enabled computer running iTunes by opening iTunes, selecting your iPad, clicking 'Check for Updates' and then 'Download and Update'.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixels
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixels
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H241.2 x W185.7 x D9.4mm
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple iOS 6 and iCloud
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Apple Lightning Port
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Apple A6X Dual-Core
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit with IPS
- Voice Recognition
- YES- Siri
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectClick & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
375 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from Monday - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.