Apple iPod classic, 160GB, Black
Product informationThey say a real classic never goes out of fashion, and after seeing the Apple iPod classic 160GB, we hope you’ll agree.
Beneath the slim, all-metal black body lies an 160GB hard drive capable of storing 40,000 songs or 200 hours of video. And thanks to approximately 36 hours of audio or 6 hours video playback from a single recharge, you’re bound to enjoy your music or movies on the move longer.
Luckily it’s never been easier to find what you want from your collection. A built-in search function lets you use the Click Wheel to type out the name of the song, artist, album, audio book, or podcast you’re looking for. iPod classic 160GB returns results instantly as you select letters on its crystal clear 2.5 inch colour screen.
A new Genius feature also turns your iPod into your very own personal DJ. It cleverly creates playlists by finding songs in your music library that go perfectly together.
Another nice feature is Cover Flow, which allows you to flick through your albums by the cover art, a bit like leafing through a box of LPs to find your favourite record.
With cool looks, enhanced searching and excellent sound quality, the iPod classic 160GB makes an ideal travel companion.
Note: The required software is downloadable from the Apple website.
- PC and Mac compatible
- Completely skip-free playback
- 36 hours of continuous play (audio) from a 3-hour charge; 2-hour fast charge to 80% capacity
- Autosync your entire iTunes library
- Create playlists and rate songs
- Shuffle songs or albums
- Customise menus
- Store and view contacts, calendars and to-do lists.
- Sleep timer and alarm clock function.
iTunes 10.7 or later
Mac: Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
PC: Windows 8 (32-bit only) Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later.
- Accessories Included
- Docking adaptor, earbud headphones, USB 2.0 cable
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 36 hours audio or 6 hours video
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- H103.5 x W62 x D10.5mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Model name / number
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, docking adaptor
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Transfer method Information The way music or videos are transferred to the player
- USB 2.0
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
261 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Find out how to get up and running with an MP3/media player
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Saturday (Trial in selected areas)