Apple Mac Pro ME253B/A, Intel Xeon E5, 12GB RAM, 256GB Flash, Black
Mac Pro: Built for creativity on an epic scale.
Dual workstation-class GPUs. State-of-the-art processor. Next-generation flash storage. Ultra-fast memory. Unprecedented expansion capabilities. In a radical new design like no computer you've seen before. The future of the pro desktop is here.
Video editing and Mac Pro
With dual workstation-class GPUs, the latest Intel Xeon E5 processors and ultra-fast PCIe-based flash storage, Mac Pro is a video-editing powerhouse. So you can run up to eight streams of 4K video at once, process multiple layers of complex effects in real time, edit Multicam Clips with up to a staggering 16 angles of 4K video and view it all on up to three 4K displays.
Photography and Mac Pro
PCIe-based flash storage lets you import images over four times faster than the previous-generation Mac Pro. While powerful Intel Xeon E5 processors and dual workstation-class GPUs let you fly through enhancements, retouching and effects. And you can connect a 4K display and see your photos in more detail than ever before.
Audio and Mac Pro
With ultra-fast PCIe-based flash storage, Mac Pro loads instruments, samples and loops almost instantly. Thunderbolt 2 provides a high number of channels of ultra-low latency audio I/O without the need for add-on PCI cards. And the incredibly quiet fan is perfect for pristine recording.
- Quad-Core or Intel Xeon E5 processor
- Dual AMD FirePro D300 graphics processors
- 12GB of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC memory
- 256GB PCle-based flash storage
- Six Thunderbolt 2 ports, four USB 3 ports, dual Gigabit Ethernet and HDMI 1.4 Ultra HD
- Connect up to three 4K displays or six Thunderbolt displays
- Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- OS X Mavericks, the next big release of the powerful Mac operating system
Please note: This Mac is eligible for a free upgrade to OS X Yosemite through the Mac App store
Mac OS X Yosemite
OS X Yosemite helps to bring iOS and OS X devices together. It's packed full of features that will help you take full advantage of your hardware, without compromising on looks or ease of use. It works with your processor to give you the best possible experience and will keep everything up to date, even when it's in sleep mode.
OS X lets you control your Mac with simple, intuitive gestures. Your favourite apps are easy to reach in the Dock, while Launchpad provides quick access to everything. Finder makes it easy to browse and organise your files, with Spotlight ensuring that searching for documents and apps is effortless. It comes with amazing apps like Pages, Numbers, iPhoto, iMovie and Garageband that give you the platform you need for productivity and creativity, with more great apps are available for download from the App Store.
If you own and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8, then you can move between devices in even smarter ways. Make and receive iPhone calls on your Mac, even if your iPhone is in another room. Send and receive both iMessage and SMS text messages on your Mac. Start an email, document or browsing session on one device and instantly pick it up on another.
| Safari | Mail | iBooks | Mac App Store | iPhoto | iMovie | GarageBand | Pages | Numbers | Keynote | Maps | Calendar | FaceTime | Messages | Contacts | Reminders | Preview | Notes | iTunes | Game Center | Time Machine | Photo Booth |
- Accessories Included
- Power lead. Keyboard and mouse sold separately
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- L25.1 x Dia.16.7 cm
- Ethernet Port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Dual AMD FirePro D300, 2GB GDDR5 VRAM each
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Headphone socket
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- Mac Pro ME253B/A
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X Mavericks
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 6x Thunderbolt 2, 4x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI 1.4, Combined optical/digital audio output/analog line out mini-jack
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Quad-core Intel Xeon E5 with 10MB L3 cache
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 3.7GHz to 3.9GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- Not applicable
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- Built-in speaker
- Touch Screen
- TV tuner card Information Device that receives digital free-to-air terrestrial and/or analogue television services
- Voice Recognition
- Wall Mountable
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Click & collect. from John Lewis or Waitrose shops. FREE on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Collect tomorrow from 2pm
369 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
. Standard delivery in 5 working days
. Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops. FREE on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Collect tomorrow from 2pm
Have you thought about