Apple MacBook Air, MD712B/B, Intel Core i5, 256GB Flash, 4GB RAM, 11.6" + Microsoft Office 365 Personal
Apple MacBook Air, MD712B/B, Intel Core i5, 256GB Flash Storage, 4GB RAM, 11.6"
2 year guarantee included
Product code :
Unbelievably thin and light, the new 11.6-inch Apple MacBook Air is a portable yet powerful portable computer. Running on Apple’s latest operating system, OS X Mavericks, the MacBook Air features a fourth generation Intel Core i5 processor and dedicated flash memory to ensure rapid performance. Made from lightweight aluminium, it features a whole host of great connectivity options, including USB 3.0 and a lighting fast Thunderbolt port. Tough, slim and very portable - the MacBook Air is your perfect partner for work, rest or play.
Thin, Light and Durable
Incredibly thin and light, MacBook Air 11-inch measures just 1.7cm at its deepest point and weighs an astonishing 1.08kg making it ideal to take with you. The amazing portability of this machine is helped by the 256GB flash storage. Flash storage doesn’t have any moving parts, which means it’s more reliable and quiet. Lightning fast, durable, silent — qualities that make sense in a laptop tasked with keeping up with you. Despite its size, MacBook Air packs a full-size keyboard that makes typing as natural as it is comfortable. It’s also backlit, so you can type with ease in even the dimmest light.
Fourth Generation Intel Core i5
The fourth generation Intel Core i5 processor will handle whatever you throw at it, allowing you to multi-task and work on intensive applications without experiencing any lag. Applications run faster and more efficiently than before. So everything you normally do on a computer you can do even quicker. Send email, write reports, create presentations, touch up photos, edit home movies and all the little (and big) tasks in between. The i5 uses the Intel HD Graphics 5000 GPU to ensure visuals are smooth whether you’re playing a game, watching a video or editing a photo.
MacBook Air features a large battery that works with the power-efficient fourth generation Intel Core processor to last all day. You can expect up to nine hours of battery life on a single charge when surfing the web or watching films from iTunes. MacBook Air will also preserve its own battery life by entering standby mode after it’s been asleep for more than three hours, helping to conserve battery life for up to 30 days. You can even continue to receive new emails and calendar invitations while your MacBook’s asleep by enabling Power Nap.
With 802.11ac Wi-Fi you’ll be able to connect to an 802.11ac router and experience wireless performance that’s up to 3 times faster than previous generations. Bluetooth 4.0 will allow you to connect to Bluetooth enabled devices like speakers, headphones and other computers to stream and share files without wires.
Two USB 3.0 ports will allow you to connect peripheral items such as mice, printers or USB storage devices, and transfer data 10 times faster than USB 2.0 with compatible devices. The Thunderbolt port allows rapid transferring of files, so you’ll save time when trying to save large files in a hurry. With two 10-Gbps data channels, Thunderbolt lets you transfer data at rates up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0.
The screen on the MacBook Air is amazingly thin- just 4.86mm- but still manages to stand out, with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels and LED backlighting ensuring that colours are bright and vibrant from edge to edge. The widescreen 720p FaceTime camera will let your friends and family see more of you in video calls and ensure that groups can fit into a picture without having to crowd around the display. The dual microphones reduce background noise from behind the mics, so your speech will be as clear as your face.
OS X Mavericks
The latest Mac operating system, OS X Mavericks is packed with features to take full advantage of your MacBook’s hardware. It works with your processor to deliver the best possible performance, integrates natural gestures using the trackpad to help you get around with ease and features a range of power saving technologies that help ensure your battery keeps on going for longer. Security is a priority, with various features integrated into OS X to protect your Mac and the information on it.
Mavericks includes familiar apps like Safari, Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Maps and FaceTime that work together to give you a connected experience across all of your Apple devices. Apps like iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand that will help you get creative, while Apple’s Office apps, Pages, Numbers and Keynote mean your MacBook is ready for work, too. And there’s even more to be found on the App Store.
| Safari | Mail | iBooks | Mac App Store | iPhoto | iMovie | GarageBand | Pages | Numbers | Keynote | Maps | Calendar | FaceTime | Messages | Contacts | Reminders | Preview | Notes | iTunes | Game Center | Time Machine | Photo Booth |
- Accessories Included
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, AC wall plug and power lead
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 9 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Available separately
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H0.3/1.7 x W30 x D19.2cm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 256GB of flash storage
- Headphone socket
- Full-size backlit keyboard, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X Mavericks
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 3.0, 1x Thunderbolt
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- 4th generation dual-core Intel Core i5
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 1.4GHz to 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit display
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p facetime HD camera
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11ac