Apple MacBook Pro, MD101B/A, Intel Core i5, 500GB, 4GB RAM, 13.3"
4 bundles available - Save up to £20.00
A fully-featured laptop inside a single inch of sturdy aluminium, the MacBook Pro is designed for maximum performance in minimum size. Your high definition videos, photos and games will look even more brilliant on the sharp 13.3-inch high resolution display.
The MacBook Pro features a rapid 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB of memory and a long-lasting 7 hour battery. Store your digital photos, music and video on the large 500GB hard drive and enjoy them at the touch of a button with the Front Row interface. Connect wirelessly to Bluetooth enabled peripherals and go online while you’re out and about with AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi.
The FaceTime HD camera gives you 720p resolution — perfect for the brilliant LED-backlit display — along with improved low-light performance. You and your friends can make HD calls from one new MacBook Pro to another. You can also make video calls to other Intel-based Mac computers, iPhone 4 or the new iPod touch.
For boosted graphics performance the new MacBook Pro features Intel’s HD Graphics 4000 processor which includes an on-chip engine for video encoding and decoding. Built for 60% faster performance than previous models - you’ll experience video playback and FaceTime calls that are smoother, more responsive and truer to life.
With the new Thunderbolt port, you can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display, to create a fully-fledged workstation. Two USB 3.0 ports and a FireWire 800 port let you connect your iPad, iPod, iPhone, digital cameras, and external hard drives.
The MacBook Pro also features an advanced trackpad with wonderfully intuitive Multi-Touch technology. You can flip through photos, enlarge text and adjust an image using just your fingers. Your hands have room to spread out on the full-size keyboard with crisp, responsive keys. And it’s illuminated so you can see what you’re typing in low-light settings. Navigation is simple and intuitive thanks to the multi-touch trackpad, which doubles as a button.
The new SDXC card slot supports up to 64GB cards and makes it a snap to transfer all those photos to and from your MacBook Pro, so you can edit and share them on the spot.
Mac OS X El Capitan
Building on the successful design of OS X Yosemite, the latest version is enhanced to deliver an updated interface, new full-screen views and a change to the way you arrange the windows on your desktop. In addition to the full-screen view, there’s also a new Split View to let you see the two apps you have open next to each other.
Plus, OS X El Capitan has a large variety to new functions and features to make your life even easier. For example, the just wiggle your finger trackpad or shake your mouse to find your cursor, which to help you spot it momentarily grows in size. Also, Spotlight lets you search for your documents and apps using everyday language, helping you to find what you’re looking for. Notepad isn’t just dealing with text, but will be able to handle PDFs, photos, URLs and map locations.
If you own and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 9, then you can move between devices in even smarter ways. Make and receive iPhone calls on your Mac, even if your iPhone is in another room. Send and receive both iMessage and SMS text messages on your Mac. Start an email, document or browsing session on one device and instantly pick it up on another.
| Safari | Mail | iBooks | Mac App Store | iPhoto | iMovie | GarageBand | Pages | Numbers | Keynote | Maps | Calendar | FaceTime | Messages | Contacts | Reminders | Preview | Notes | iTunes | Game Center | Time Machine | Photo Booth |
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new laptop with one of our cases. Click here to view the range..
- Accessories Included
- 60W MagSafe Power adaptor, AC wall plug and power lead
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 7 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p facetime HD camera
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- 8x SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H2.41 x W32.5 x D22.7cm
- Ethernet Port
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Full-size backlit keyboard, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC compatible)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X El Capitan
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 3.0, 1x Thunderbolt, 1x FireWire 800
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- 3rd generation dual-core Intel Core i5
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.5GHz to 3.1GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1280 x 800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit display
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Touch Screen
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures
- TV tuner card
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Yes- Via Apple TV & AirPlay
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Friday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.