Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display, MD212B/A, Intel Core i5, 128GB Flash, 8GB RAM, 13.3"
Product informationThe 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display is the ideal notebook for enthusiasts and professionals looking for fast performance in a super-compact and light design. It features a stunning Retina display with over 4 million pixels, ultra-fast all-flash architecture, and the latest dual-core Intel processors.
- Your new MacBook Pro will arrive with OS X Mountain Lion. With iCloud built into the foundation of OS X Mountain Lion, it is easier than ever to keep your content up to date across all your devices.
- The MacBook Pro features a rapid 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of memory and a long-lasting 7 hour battery.
- Flash-based storage, which is up to four times faster than a traditional hard drive. You’ll notice a difference in whatever you do — starting up takes seconds, apps launch quickly, even navigating the desktop feels incredibly fluid and responsive. It’s all thanks to flash storage.
- At 2560 by 1600 pixels and with 227 pixels per inch, it has four times the pixels of the current generation 13-inch MacBook Pro.
Nearly two times the resolution of an HDTV, making text look razor sharp and images extra crisp.
The new design minimizes glare while delivering incredible contrast and colour. In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology provides a 178-degree viewing angle.
- For boosted graphics performance the new MacBook Pro with Retina display features Intel’s HD Graphics 4000 processor which includes an on-chip engine for video encoding and decoding. Built for 60% faster performance than previous models - you’ll experience video playback and FaceTime calls that are smoother, more responsive and truer to life.
- The 720p FaceTime HD camera is perfect for the brilliant retina display. You and your friends can make video calls to any iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac with a FaceTime HD camera.
- Connect wirelessly to Bluetooth enabled peripherals and go online while you’re out and about with the latest three-stream 802.11n Wi-Fi. With two Thunderbolt ports, you can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display, to create a fully-fledged workstation. Two USB 3.0 ports which are up to 10 times faster and backward compatible with USB 2.0. An HDMI port for easy connectivity to HDTVs and projectors.
- The improved, powerful speakers have higher fidelity and a wide dynamic range. The dual microphones have also been improved to use an adaptive beam-forming algorithm to reduce background noise and help you come across loud and clear when making FaceTime calls or using Dictation.
- A long lasting battery life of up to 7 hours and 30-day standby time, so you can do more than ever, all in one single charge.
The all new Power Nap mode in OS X Mountain Lion, allows your MacBook Pro to continue to receive new email and calendar invitations while it’s asleep. And when it’s connected to a power source, it can download software updates and make backups with Time Machine. So the next time you open your notebook, everything’s right there waiting for you.
- The MacBook Pro with Retina display also features an advanced trackpad with wonderfully intuitive Multi-Touch technology. You can flip through photos, enlarge text and adjust an image using just your fingers. Your hands have room to spread out on the full-size keyboard with crisp, responsive keys. And it’s illuminated so you can see what you’re typing in low-light settings.
iCloud stores your content and lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents and more from whatever device you’re on. So if you take a picture with your iPhone or make changes to your meeting schedule on your iPad, iCloud makes sure everything appears on your Mac too. And it works both ways — create a to-do list on your Mac and you can make edits to it on your iPhone.
To take advantage of the beautiful Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion apps like Safari, Mail, Calendar, Contacts and more — as well as other Apple apps including iPhoto, iMovie, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iTunes, Aperture and Final Cut Pro — have already been optimised, and updates to other Apple apps are coming soon.
OS X Mountain Lion
Every Mac comes with OS X Mountain Lion, the latest release of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system. It delivers 200 new features that make the Mac better than ever and make your Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch work even better together.
OS X Mountain Lion Features
- iCloud keeps your content up to date across all your devices.
- Use the Messages app to send unlimited messages to anyone on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or another Mac.
- Notification Centre shows all your alerts, all in one place.
- Share on Twitter, Flickr and Vimeo, straight from the apps you’re in.
- Interact with your Mac using intuitive Multi-Touch gestures.
- 3D Ready
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 7 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H1.9 x W31.4 x D21.9cm
- Ethernet Port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- No - Seperate Thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter required
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A solid state drive has fewer moving parts so allows for a quicker start up as well as providing more security if your computer is dropped.
- 128GB of flash storage
- Headphone socket
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC compatible)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 3.0, 2x Thunderbolt
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- 3rd generation dual-core Intel Core i5
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.5GHz to 3.1GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2560 x 1600 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit display
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Touch Screen
- TV tuner card
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p facetime HD camera
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Friday233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery in time for Christmas
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As