Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display, ME293B/A, Intel Core i7, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, 15.4"
MacBook Pro with Retina display is the ideal notebook for enthusiasts and professionals looking for fast performance in a supercompact and light design. It features a stunning Retina display, fourth-generation Core processors, latest graphics, faster flash, next-generation Wi-Fi, and longer battery life—in an incredibly thin and light design.
Latest processors and graphics
- Fourth-generation quad-core Intel Core processor
- Designed to reduce power consumption while maintaining high performance
- Intel Iris Graphics for unprecedented levels of integrated graphics performance
Faster flash storage
- PCIe-based flash storage is up to 60% faster than previous flash storage
- Superior in reliability and up to nine times faster than a traditional hard drive
- 802.11ac, compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n
- Dual band supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Stronger, clearer, and faster Wi-Fi signal
Longer battery life
- Up to 8 hours wireless web and iTunes movie playback
Thunderbolt 2 ports
- Two ports deliver up to 20Gbps of bandwidth for each external device
- Connect to multiple displays and high-performance devices
Stunning Retina display
- Pixels are packed so densely your eye can’t discern individual ones
- See more detail in your images and experience amazingly sharp text
Thin and Light
- 2.02 kilograms and 1.8-centimetres thick
- OS X Mavericks, iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are now free from the Mac App Store with every new Mac purchase (Requires Internet Connection and Apple ID)
Please note: This MacBook is eligible for a free upgrade to OS X Yosemite through the Mac App store
Mac OS X Yosemite
OS X Yosemite helps to bring iOS and OS X devices together. It's packed full of features that will help you take full advantage of your hardware, without compromising on looks or ease of use. It works with your processor to give you the best possible experience and will keep everything up to date, even when it's in sleep mode.
OS X lets you control your Mac with simple, intuitive gestures. Your favourite apps are easy to reach in the Dock, while Launchpad provides quick access to everything. Finder makes it easy to browse and organise your files, with Spotlight ensuring that searching for documents and apps is effortless. It comes with amazing apps like Pages, Numbers, iPhoto, iMovie and Garageband that give you the platform you need for productivity and creativity, with more great apps are available for download from the App Store.
If you own and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8, then you can move between devices in even smarter ways. Make and receive iPhone calls on your Mac, even if your iPhone is in another room. Send and receive both iMessage and SMS text messages on your Mac. Start an email, document or browsing session on one device and instantly pick it up on another.
| Safari | Mail | iBooks | Mac App Store | iPhoto | iMovie | GarageBand | Pages | Numbers | Keynote | Maps | Calendar | FaceTime | Messages | Contacts | Reminders | Preview | Notes | iTunes | Game Center | Time Machine | Photo Booth |
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 8 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H1.8 x W35.9 x D24.7cm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 256GB SSD
- Headphone socket
- Full-size backlit keyboard, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC compatible)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X Mavericks
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 3.0, 2x Thunderbolt 2, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- 4th generation quad-core Intel Core i7
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.0GHz to 3.2GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2880 x 1800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit Retina display with IPS technology
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p Facetime HD camera
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection Tuesday from 2pm
355 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Free Standard delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection Tuesday from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Tuesday