Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display, MGXC2B/A, Intel Core i7, 512GB Flash Storage, 16GB RAM, 15.4"
The most advanced Apple notebook ever, the 15.4-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display packs amazing technology into a thin and light package. Powered by a fourth generation Intel Core i7 processor and dedicated NVIDIA GeForce graphics, the MacBook Pro with Retina display includes super fast all-flash memory and a long battery life to keep you going on the road.
With over five million pixels on show, the Retina display on MacBook Pro is positively stunning. Designed to ensure that your eyes won’t be able to discern individual pixels from a normal viewing distance, images take on a new level of realism, while text is sharp and clear. Colours on the Retina display are rich and vibrant, while a high contrast ratio makes blacks appear blacker and whites whiter. It also includes IPS technology to enable a clear view from angles as wide as 178-degrees.
Fourth-generation Intel processors
Intel's fourth generation quad-core i7 processor provides stunning performance that makes quick work of even the most complex tasks, such as editing HD video. Add to this 16GB of RAM and you’ll find performance is smooth even when you’ve got a variety of windows open. The fourth generation of Intel's processors provide superior battery life and will also help to keep you and your personal information safer, thanks to built-in security features.
Graphics from Intel and NVIDIA
With combined Intel and NVIDIA graphics technology, the MacBook Pro with Retina will deliver superior speed and responsiveness in games and when editing 3D videos. Intel Core i7 processor features Intel Iris Pro graphics with 128MB of embedded memory to accelerates processor- and graphics-intensive tasks by acting as an ultra-fast cache. Intel Iris graphics deliver eye popping graphics and incredible multimedia experiences, without the need for an additional graphics card. Automatic graphic switching will seamlessly turn on the dedicated NVIDIA GeForce graphics card when you need it. The GeForce GT 750M features 2GB of ultra fast GDDR5 memory and is packed with top of the range technology to ensure greater speed and dazzling graphics.
Powerful and Portable
MacBook Pro with Retina display somehow manages to squeeze more power into a smaller space than ever, making it thin and light enough to take with you. Every millimetre has been carefully considered to maximise performance and minimise size, while bulky legacy components have been removed in favour of newer, higher performance technologies. You won’t even have to worry about running out of power after a few hours use, thanks to the long lasting battery life of up to 8 hours.
The Latest, Fastest Technology
Packed with the newest and best technology, MacBook Pro with Retina display makes quicker work of everything. As well as fourth generation Intel Core processors, MacBook Pro with Retina display includes super fast PCIe-based flash storage for lightning quick load times, 802.11ac Wi-Fi to ensure rapid networking and two Thunderbolt 2 ports for swift data transfer through a wired connection.
Please note: This MacBook is eligible for a free upgrade to OS X Yosemite through the Mac App store
Mac OS X Yosemite
OS X Yosemite helps to bring iOS and OS X devices together. It's packed full of features that will help you take full advantage of your hardware, without compromising on looks or ease of use. It works with your processor to give you the best possible experience and will keep everything up to date, even when it's in sleep mode.
OS X lets you control your Mac with simple, intuitive gestures. Your favourite apps are easy to reach in the Dock, while Launchpad provides quick access to everything. Finder makes it easy to browse and organise your files, with Spotlight ensuring that searching for documents and apps is effortless. It comes with amazing apps like Pages, Numbers, iPhoto, iMovie and Garageband that give you the platform you need for productivity and creativity, with more great apps are available for download from the App Store.
If you own and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8, then you can move between devices in even smarter ways. Make and receive iPhone calls on your Mac, even if your iPhone is in another room. Send and receive both iMessage and SMS text messages on your Mac. Start an email, document or browsing session on one device and instantly pick it up on another.
| Safari | Mail | iBooks | Mac App Store | iPhoto | iMovie | GarageBand | Pages | Numbers | Keynote | Maps | Calendar | FaceTime | Messages | Contacts | Reminders | Preview | Notes | iTunes | Game Center | Time Machine | Photo Booth |
- Accessories Included
- Power adaptor, AC wall plug and power lead
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 8 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p Facetime HD camera
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H1.8 x W35.9 x D24.7cm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, 2GB GDDR5
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
- Headphone socket
- Full-size backlit keyboard, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC compatible)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X Mavericks
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 3.0, 2x Thunderbolt 2, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- 4th generation quad-core Intel Core i7
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.5GHz to 3.7GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2880 x 1800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit Retina display with IPS technology
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Touch Screen
- Multi?Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap and drag capabilities
- Voice Recognition
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Yes- Via Apple TV & AirPlay
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Click & collect. from John Lewis or Waitrose shops. FREE on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Collect tomorrow from 2pm
369 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
. Standard delivery in 5 working days
. Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops. FREE on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Collect tomorrow from 2pm
£3.50 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow