Asus M32AD Desktop PC, Intel Core i5, 6GB RAM, 1TB, Black
The Asus M32AD desktop computer, with it's elegant design and impressive specifications is ideal for reliable home computing. It features a fourth generation Intel Core i5 processor, a huge variety of ports and an integrated rewritable DVD drive.
Fourth generation Intel processing
Intel's Core i5 processor and 6GB of RAM combine to make your machine a multitasking machine, primed for everything from web browsing and document creation to editing your home photos and videos. Intel's fourth generation of processors provide excellent performance, with the i5 featuring a 'boost' mode which will provide extra power when under increased pressure. It will deliver smooth visuals and increased security to help protect your data.
No shortage of connections
With six USB 2.0 and two ultrafast USB 3.0 ports, you won't be short of methods for connecting peripherals like mice, keyboards, external drives and web cams. The M32AD also includes both an HDMI port and a VGA port, so you can connect this machine to external monitors for either HD or SD visual output.
Built to last
The M32AD has undergone stringent tests to ensure that it meets Asus' high standards. Vibration and drop tests help to ensure that the components continue to perform despite the occasional bump, while temperature, humidity, line voltage and frequency tests ensure that it can still operate within reasonable temperatures (between -40°C and 60°C) or with an unstable power supply. It also undergoes noise testing to ensure that noise levels are within a specified range.
Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system provides a new, intuitive way to access your programs. The Start Screen and Live Tiles present your Windows 8 apps in an easy to understand interface, while Charms provide quick access to your settings, devices and the search function, from wherever you are. Windows 8 can also run legacy apps- most programs from older versions of Windows.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
ASUS AI-SUITE II
ASUS AI Manager
ASUS My Logo2
ASUS Easy Update
ASUS Music Maker
This device can be upgraded to Windows 8.1 for free through the Windows Store.
- Accessories Included
- Wired USB Keyboard and mouse
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Super-Multi DVD
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H360 x W173 x D400
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4600
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 1TB hard drive
- Headphone socket
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- 6-in-1 card reader
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 6x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Quad-core Intel Core i5-4440S
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.8GHz to 3.3GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- Not applicable
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- Speakers not included High Definition 6 Channel Audio output
- Touch Screen
- TV tuner card Information Device that receives digital free-to-air terrestrial and/or analogue television services
- Voice Recognition
- Wall Mountable
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
361 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.