Asus VivoTab Smart ME400C Tablet, Intel Atom, Windows 8, 10.1", Wi-Fi, 64GB, Black
Take computing on the go into your own hands with the Asus VivoTab Smart Windows 8 tablet. Packing a sleek exterior and an Intel Atom processor, the VivoTab Smart is an elegant solution to taking the full Windows 8 experience on the road.
Powered by Intel’s Atom processor and 2GB of RAM, the VivoTab Smart delivers great performance and power efficiency. Ideal for creating documents and browsing the web, the Atom is a processor designed for mobile devices that preserves battery life for longer.
With 64GB of built-in storage, you’ll be able to keep your most important files and folders in close reach. A microSDHC card reader means you can up to an extra 32GB worth of storage too.
Enjoy clear images thanks to the 10.1” HD display with IPS. A wide viewing angle of 178° makes it easier to share visual content with others. The multi-touch functions make navigating Windows 8 a breeze, too.
Dual-speakers with SonicMaster Audio Technology ensure you’ll experience incredible audio thanks to precise processing protocols and codecs.
The VivoTab Smart is just 9.7mm in depth and weighs 580g, so it’s never a burden to carry with you. A massive battery life of up to 9.5 hours ensures that this tablet will go longer without needing to plug into a mains supply.
A rear-facing 8 megapixel camera with a back-illuminated CMOS sensor, LED flash and auto-focus function ensures the VivoTab can capture great detail, whatever the lighting. This camera features a large f/2.2 aperture to ensure greater clarity, while faster shutter speeds help reduce the risk of camera shake. A 2 megapixel front-facing camera mean you’ll look great in video chats too.
Pairing your tablet with other devices has never been so easy, thanks to NFC. Simply tap the two NFC enabled devices together to begin sharing information within seconds. With Bluetooth 4.0 and built-in Wi-Fi too, you’ll never be stuck for options for wireless data transfer, but if you need a wired connection, the VivoTab Smart also comes with a micro USB port for connecting to a computer, and micro HDMI to output your display to an HDTV or monitor.
SuperNote and Windows 8 Fresh Paint are amongst the software already installed on the VivoTab Smart. SuperNote is a versatile note taking application designed to allow users to input notes through typing or by scribbling with a stylus or even your finger, or take photo, video, or even audio notes using the built-in cameras and microphones. Fresh Paint is a highly realistic, touch-enabled oil painting app with a variety of canvases and brushes to choose from.
This device can be upgraded to Windows 8.1 for free through the Windows Store.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 9.5 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H171 x W262.5 x D9.7 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR SGX545
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Headphone socket
- Location Services
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD (up to 32GB)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (32 bit)
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB, Micro HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Atom Z2760
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- Multi-Touch Screen WXGA IPS Panel
- Accelerometer, gyroscope, Compass
- Shop by Type
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Built-in Stereo Speakers
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 2 megapixels
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 8M with LED Flash Light
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
355 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard delivery in time for Christmas
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.