Asus X553MA Laptop, Intel Celeron, 4GB RAM, 1TB, 15.6", Purple
The affordable Asus X553MA is a user-centric notebook designed for everyday use. Featuring Intel processing, SonicMaster audio, smart gestures and a stylish design to boot, the X553MA is a great laptop for doing the basics.
Powered by an Intel Celeron processor and 4GB of RAM, the X553MA will provide reliable performance for your computing basics, whether that's word processing, sending emails or internet browsing.
Crafted to look great wherever you take it, the X553MA features a durable design with a stylish concentric circle finish.
Store photos, videos, music and documents on the large 1TB hard drive.
SonicMaster technology and Asus AudioWizard combine to deliver high fidelity audio, allowing you to hear the nuances in every track. SonicMaster technology, developed in conjunction with Bang & Olufson, balances sound, reduces electronic noise, eliminates distortion and boosts performance.
Powered by Super Hybrid Engine II Technology, Asus Instant On allows the X550CC to resume in under 2 seconds and stay in standby for up to 5 days. It also saves any data automatically should the battery life fall below 5%, so you don’t have to worry about losing your work.
The extra-wide island-style keys on the chiclet keyboard combined with the palm rest makes for comfortable and accurate typing sessions for improved productivity and interaction.
The X553MA comes equipped with a DVD SuperMulti drive, allowing you to play CDs and DVDs and even copy information onto blank discs.
The X553MA features two USB ports and a card slot for easy transfer of files from your camera’s memory card or an external hard drive. Using the USB ports, you’ll also be able to connect peripherals like external mice.
VGA and HDMI give you options to output your display onto a bigger screen, such as a TV, monitor or projector to make it easier to share with others.
WiFi and a built-in Ethernet connection makes it easy to connect to the internet, with Wi-Fi giving you a wireless option, while the Ethernet connection means you can plug into a router for a faster, more stable connection.
- Accessories Included
- AC adapter, user documentation
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 3 hours 30 minutes
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- CD/DVD Read & Write
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H24.8 x W380 x D251 mm
- Matte purple
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 1TB hard drive
- Headphone socket
- Chicklet keyboard
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- 3-in-1 (SD, SDHC, SDXC) card reader
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Celeron N2815
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 1.8GHz to 2.13GHz with Burst
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit HD display
- Built-in speakers with Asus Sonic Master Technology
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- HD Web Camera
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
347 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Next or named day delivery
Next or named morning delivery
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard delivery
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow