Berry & White Chocolate Muffins by Meyer
Tip: Experiment with different fruit, a little pureed pear or apple or mashed banana can be just as delicious as a handful of berries.
Ingredients:- 12 paper muffin cases
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 90 g light soft brown sugar or golden caster sugar
- 100 ml natural yogurt (if you don’t have yogurt you could use milk)
- 100 ml full fat milk
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 50 ml sunflower oil (you could use melted butter if you prefer)
- A few drops vanilla extract
- 200 g frozen or fresh berries and currants e.g. blackberries, raspberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants
- 200 g white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
If you like you can always dust the muffins with a little icing sugar before serving
Instructions:1) Preheat the oven to 175C/ 350F/ gas mark 4. Line 12 muffin tins with paper cases – if you don’t have any muffin cases just grease the muffin tins really well with butter.
2) Sieve the flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Add the sugar and mix together.
3) Measure the yogurt into a jug, add the milk, eggs, oil and vanilla and mix together with a fork.
4) Pour the egg mixture straight onto the flour.
5) Quickly and gently mix everything together - this should not take long, don’t over mix or your muffins will not be light. The mixture will look lumpy and slightly uneven, this is how it is supposed to look.
6) Add the berries and chocolate and quickly mix into the mixture.
7) Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 25-30 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. Leave to cool.
£3.00 Standard delivery in 5 working days
Click & collect
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
International delivery available:
From £7.50 Europe (Non EU)