Bosch SMS40C12GB Dishwasher, White
Product informationWith an A+ in energy rating, and two A ratings for washing and drying, the Bosch SMS40C12GB dishwasher will be welcomed into any home.
Precision engineering has resulted in a ServoLock door on this unit, which allows the door to close virtually by itself and with minimum effort on your part. A child lock protects from scalding, and tamperproof controls ensure washes are not interrupted by curious hands!
Thanks to the ActiveWater hydraulic water system, this dishwasher uses 12 litres of water per wash, and every single drop is used to the maximum. The SMS40C12GB has a 70°C intensive cycle to cut through and clean heavily soiled pots and pans, and if you are looking for more speed, a dedicated 45ºC quick wash will clean lightly soiled items in just 29 minutes.
The Bosch SMS40C12GB runs extremely quietly at just 48dB and features a 1-to-24-hour time delay option, so you can set it to run during lower energy tariff times. And when running at night, the integration of internal anti-flood technology gives you extra peace of mind, automatically cutting off the water supply if leakage or flooding occurs.
The upper basket is height-adjustable, even when fully loaded, and the SMS40C12GB features a removable Vario basket as a more flexible alternative to a cutlery basket, allowing you to effortlessly unload cutlery. With 3 different loading heights thanks to the Rackmatic height-adjustable top basket, and 4 foldable racks and shelves throughout the machine, a large variety of dishes can easily be accommodated. This appliance also includes a large item spray head that can be utilised for getting your oven shelves or barbecue grill clean.
Bosch guarantees that if an appliance is discontinued, its major components will be available for at least 10 years afterwards in the event of a part needing replacement.
- A+ energy rating
- Aquamix - Glass protection and water softening system for optimal results
- Self-cleaning filter system keeps the dishwasher in good order without the need for you to periodically empty the filter
- Vario basket system makes unloading cutlery easy
- Silver baskets (without handle)
- 3 stage Rackmatic height-adjustable top basket
- Highly efficient water usage with the ActiveWater system
- Residual heat drying system
- DosageAssist dispenses detergent evenly
- Automatic detergent detection
- Aquasensor III, Load Sensor
- Regenerative electronics
- Adjustable racking Information Lets you move the racking around to fit large or awkward items
- Delicate wash Information Gentle programme for more delicate glassware or crockery
- Digital display
- H84.5 x W60 x D60cm
- Dishwasher Size
- Drying performance Information Graded on performance A - G, with A being the highest grade
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Energy consumption Information Amount of electricity used. The lower the figure, the less electricity used
- Energy Rating (White Goods) Information Graded on performance A++ - G, with A++ being the highest grade
- Estimated annual consumption (energy) Information How much electricity the item would use over a year
- Estimated annual consumption (water)
- Half load Information Automatically adjusts water level for a half load, thus saving time and money
- Maximum noise level Information How noisy, in decibels, the machine is. The lower the dB, the quieter the appliance
- Model name / number
- Overflow protection Information An anti-flood device prevents the machine from being damaged by flooding from the inlet pipe
- Place settings
- 4 programmes and 2 special options (Speed Perfect, Half Load)
- Sequence indicator Information Tells you progress of washing cycle
- Timer delay Information Delay the start of the programme; perhaps to use cheaper overnight electricity
- Yes - up to 24 hours
- Time remaining indicator Information Tells you how long the programme's got to go
- Wash performance Information Graded on performance A - G, with A being the highest grade
- Water consumption (standard cycle)
UK delivery on a date of your choice within 7 days
Express 2 working day delivery to selected areas
Free Dishwasher Disposal
We'll remove and dispose of your old dishwasher for reuse or recycling.
The charge for this service includes:
- Connection of the new appliance to a standard domestic water connection point within 1 metre of the installation location
- Connection of the appliance to an existing 3-pin 13amp electrical point within 1 metre of the installation location
- Connection of the appliance to an existing waste outlet within 1 metre of the installation location
- A test wash to ensure the appliance is filling and draining correctly
- The removal and disposal of all packaging
If you're not completely happy with your item, return it to us for FREE via:
Fill out your reason(s) for return on the back of the delivery note and use the pre-paid Royal Mail Returns label.
John Lewis shops
Take the product and your delivery note to the appropriate department in any of our shops.
Exceptions apply; see returns and refunds information.
Q & As
Wave farewell to the washing up with your new friend in the kitchen