Britax Evolva 123 Plus Car Seat, Black Thunder
The Evolva 123 Plus car seat from Britax grows with your child from 9 to 36kg which is approximately 9 months to 12 years.
It's designed with a 5-point harness which has a simple one pull adjustment for children from 9-18kg and features a Click & Safe™ audible system, which lets you know when the harness is securely fastened. The harness is height adjustable and so is the head rest, providing ultimate protection and comfort.The seat has side impact protection with deep, softly padded side wings.
For children 18kg upwards, they will be able to use the car's 3 point seat belt instead of the 5 point harness, to secure both child and seat to the vehicle. The seat shape has been carefully made to ensure that the lap belt sits in the correct position when the chair is used as a highback booster seat, while the seat belt guide correctly positions the diagonal belt when in booster seat mode.
The Britax Evolva 123 Plus also features practical harness retainers which keep the harness out of the way when your child is getting in or out of the seat. The upright and recline position provides comfort on long journeys and the additional pull out drink holder and snack tray come in handy when feeding hungry passengers.
Additional features for the Plus:
All our car seats and infant carriers comply with current European regulation ECE R44.04.
- Under no circumstances should a car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance to make them most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend fitting the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn`t be left in Group 0/0+ car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering.
- To find out if a car seat is suitable for your car, please contact the manufacturer or the Nursery department in John Lewis department stores (except High Wycombe):
- Click here to find your nearest department store
Car seats are categorised into the following groups and it is imperative that a category is chosen so the child`s weight falls within the range indicated:
Car Seat groups:
|Group||Child's weight||approx. age of child|
|0||birth up to 10kg/22lb||birth up to 6-9 months|
|0+||birth up to 13kg/29lb||birth up to 12-15 months|
|0+ & 1||birth up to 18kg/40lb||birth to up to about 4 years|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||about 9 months to 4 years|
|1 & 2||9-25kg/20-55lb||about 9 months to 6 years|
|2||15-25kg/33-55lb||about 4 to 6 years|
|1, 2, 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||about 9 months to 12 years|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||about 4-12 years|
Note: some car seats will be approved in two or more groups.
- H52 x W47 x D60cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Facing position
- 1, 2 and 3
- Isofix compatitble Information Isofix is a system of dedicated attachment points in the car which car seats can be locked into. We recommend checking your car handbook for further information.
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 24 months
- Reclining positions
- Suitable From
- 9 months
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Weight or height of child
- 9-36kg or 20-79lb
Based in Andover, Hampshire, the BRITAX company was founded in the 1930s, focusing initially on adult seat belts and in the 1960s launched the company's first child car seat. The company expanded greatly in the 1980s and 1990s to countries including the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavia and the Far East. Since the 1970s, BRITAX has repeatedly come up with successful innovations which have influenced the entire market, setting new standards for the industry: such as the BRITAX ISOFIX anchoring system, which was developed in 1997 in co-operation with VW, and has since become an international standard. BRITAX also launched the first adjustable child seat, and the first ever baby carrier that was designed especially for newborn passengers.
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Monday from 2pm
261 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Advice on choosing and fitting a car seat for safety and comfort