Britax First Class Plus Car Seat, Black Thunder
This group 0+ and 1 car seat from Britax is suitable for newborn babies to 13kg in the rear facing mode, and can be turned forward facing to be suitable from 9kg to 18kg. So it combines with benefits of an infant carrier with that of a forward facing seat.
The infant carrier is designed with deep, softly padded side wings for side impact protection, and has a unique Pitch Control system which reduces forward movement in the event of an accident.
The newborn insert provides extra comfort for a younger child, while the extended sleeping position in rearward facing mode ensures ultimate comfort. When the seat is in forward facing mode, there are 5 reclining positions which can be selected without disturbing your child.
The spring loaded belt locking mechanism allows easy installation, and the slim base is a better fit in cars with sculptured seats. When the seat is in a forward facing position it has 2 seat belt routing options.
It features a 5-point harness with a reassuring Click & Safe™ audible harness system which is designed to help you when securing your child in the seat, and the harness can be adjusted with a simple one-pull adjustment. The harness retainers automatically hold the harness out of the way when your child is getting in or out of the seat. And the quick-remove cover can be taken off the seat without interfering with the harness.
All our car seats and infant carriers comply with current European regulation ECE R44.04.
- Under no circumstances should a car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance to make them most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend fitting the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn`t be left in Group 0/0+ car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- Find your nearest department store
Car seats are categorised into the following groups and it is imperative that a category is chosen so the child`s weight falls within the range indicated:
Car Seat groups:
|Group||Child's weight||approx. age of child|
|0||birth up to 10kg/22lb||birth up to 6-9 months|
|0+||birth up to 13kg/29lb||birth up to 12-15 months|
|0+ & 1||birth up to 18kg/40lb||birth to up to about 4 years|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||about 9 months to 4 years|
|1 & 2||9-25kg/20-55lb||about 9 months to 6 years|
|2||15-25kg/33-55lb||about 4 to 6 years|
|1, 2, 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||about 9 months to 12 years|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||about 4-12 years|
Note: some car seats will be approved in two or more groups.
- H66 x W45 x D57cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Facing position
- Rear and Forward
- 0+ and 1
- Isofix compatitble Information Isofix is a system of dedicated attachment points in the car which car seats can be locked into. We recommend checking your car handbook for further information.
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 24 months
- Reclining positions
- Suitable From
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- 7.5 kg
- Weight or height of child
- Birth up to 18kg or 40lb
Based in Andover, Hampshire, the BRITAX company was founded in the 1930s, focusing initially on adult seat belts and in the 1960s launched the company's first child car seat. The company expanded greatly in the 1980s and 1990s to countries including the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavia and the Far East. Since the 1970s, BRITAX has repeatedly come up with successful innovations which have influenced the entire market, setting new standards for the industry: such as the BRITAX ISOFIX anchoring system, which was developed in 1997 in co-operation with VW, and has since become an international standard. BRITAX also launched the first adjustable child seat, and the first ever baby carrier that was designed especially for newborn passengers.
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Monday233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery in 5 working days (after Christmas)
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (in time for Christmas)
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am (after Christmas)
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As