Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Lens
Ideal for the nature or sports photographer looking exceptioanl range and quality. The Canon EF 70-300mm L series telephoto lens is ready to give your professional results. It combines cutting-edge design with versatile range and image stabilisation for exceptionally detailed results, even at extreme zooms.
- The EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM features Image Stabilisation (IS), making it ideal for handheld and telephoto work. Shutter speeds up to three stops slower no increase in image blur.
- When panning horizontally, the IS system can be set to correct only for unwanted vertical shake, and the system switches off when the camera is mounted on a tripod.
- L-series lenses combine superior performance and great handling, with resistance to dust and moisture.
- Just 143mm long this lens is right at home on assignments where staying maneuverable while maintaining image quality is key.
- UD (ultra-low dispersion glass) glass lens control colour distortion. The result is crisp, high-contrast images, free of colour fringing and other unwanted effects.
- An ultrasonic motor (USM) powers rapid - near silent - autofocus. Full manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
- Super Spectra coating keeps colour balance vibrant and accurate, while reducing unwanted flare and ghosting for sharper images than ever.
- The circular aperture gives out of focus regions a softer feel making foreground objects stand out against a smoother, blurred background.
- Includes a soft case to keep it safe from bumps and scratches.
- For use with Canon DSLR cameras.
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- Yes- USM
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- L143 x Dia.89mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- 112-480 mm (APS-C 1.6x crop factor)
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 1 year
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Canon EF
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- 1.2m (3.94')
- Model name / number
- Sensor Format
- Full frame, Canon APS-C
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.