Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens, HD 720p, 12.2 MP, 2.7" LCD Screen, Black
Product informationThe advanced, compact and affordable Canon EOS 1100D features a rich 12-megapixel resolution, a user-friendly design and can be used with an entire EOS family of lenses and accessories. The EOS 1100D makes high quality photography easy.
The included 18-55mm lens has the versatility to cover anything from wide-angle shots to midrange telephoto. It’s lightweight too, making it ideal on the road.
- 12-megapixel CMOS sensor
- Scene mode
- HD movies
- On-screen feature guide
- 3.2fps continuous shooting
- Wide-area 9-point AF
- 230,000-dot 2.7” LCD screen
Step up to DSLR image quality with a 12-megapixel APS-C-sized sensor. A 14-bit DIGIC 4 image processor provides 3.2fps continuous shooting and images that are packed with detail and tonal range. Low-light shooting without flash is possible thanks to the EOS 1100D’s ISO 100-6400 sensitivity range. The camera’s 14-bit DIGIC 4 processor helps to control noise and maintain image quality.
Theme-based Scene modes automatically pick the most suitable exposure, focus and drive-mode settings for the subject being photographed, while Creative Auto mode portrays adjustable functions in an easy to understand way. With Canon’s Basic + technology, the look and feel of these basic auto modes can be fine-tuned according to ambience and lighting type. The EOS 1100D’s Feature Guide provides descriptions of many of the camera’s functions, as well as advice on how to use them in your own photography.
Shoot stunning HD video at 25 or 30fps, with automatic exposure control leaving you free to concentrate on the action. Footage can be edited on your PC or Mac, or played directly on an HD TV via the camera’s HDMI connection.
The EOS 1100D focuses quickly and accurately on static and moving subjects, thanks to nine AF points, spread out across the frame. A central cross-type AF point is sensitive to both horizontal and vertical lines. Advanced iFCL exposure metering dissects a scene into 63-zones before analysing it to find the perfect combination of shutter speed, aperture and ISO.
Compose and review images on a large 230,000-dot LCD screen, which also provides access to the camera’s menu system and Quick Control Screen. Playback will give you a real sense of the quality of snaps you have achieved. The EOS 1100D is supported by the complete range of EOS lenses and accessories: flashguns, remote releases and a system of more than 60 lenses trusted by professional photographers the world over.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Audio Capability
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 675 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Connection Type
- Hi-Speed USB, Video output (PAL/ NTSC) (integrated with USB terminal), HDMI mini output (HDMI-CEC compatible)
- H99.7 x W129.9 x D77.9mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Flash modes
- HD Video
- Image Stabilisation
- Lens Information Lens type please see Buying Digital Camera guide for more information
- 18-55mm Lens
- Maximum ISO Information International Standards Organisation, is used to measure a cameras sensitivity to light; higher being more sensitive.
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- EOS 1100D
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- 1x LP-E10 lithium-ion battery and AC adaptor
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Shooting Modes Information Special settings for particular shooting scenarios e.g Portrait, Night Portrait, Landscape etc.
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video capability Information Record moving images
- 720p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Saturday233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.