Canon EOS 1200D Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens, HD 1080p, 18MP, 3" LCD Screen with 16GB + 8GB Memory Card
Canon EOS 1200D Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens, HD 1080p, 18MP, 3" LCD Screen
2 year guarantee included
Product code :
Tailored for beginners, powerful enough for the pros - the Canon EOS 1200D is an excellent DSLR for anyone who wants to push their abilities further. The powerful CMOS sensor absorbs more detail in every shot while a broad ISO range gives you the freedom to take natural looking low light photos. With Full HD recording, high quality videos are only a button-push away.
Shoot photos and video with a quality and character all of their own. 18-megapixel images from the EOS 1200D are packed with detail and are large enough to be printed at sizes up to A2+. Videos have a professional look and feel that looks great played back on your home HDTV.
When you compose a photograph using the EOS 1200D the camera analyses the scene too, looking for brightness, colour and the presence of movement and faces. This information is used to set the most appropriate camera settings for the scene, whether it’s a detail-packed landscape or fast-moving action. A built-in Feature Guide, and supporting app, help you learn more about your camera whenever you want.
Viewfinder & 3” screen
An optical viewfinder allows you to compose and anticipate your shot, so you’ll always be ready to capture the emotion behind the moment. With its friendly controls that are instinctive to use, and a large 3-inch LCD screen for image review, the EOS 1200D is a joy to use.
Emphasise the main subject in a photo by isolating it against a soft, blurred background - a look characteristic of DSLR photography. Use one of five Creative filters to add a personal touch to your photography, including Grainy Black & White to Toy Camera and Fish Eye effect.
9 focus points
Keep subjects looking sharp by placing them underneath one of the EOS 1200D’s nine focusing points. These are spread out across the viewfinder, letting you place your subject either in the middle of the frame or off-centre, for a more interesting composition.
Use the accompanying EOS Companion app to explore the features and controls of your EOS 1200D and learn about how different lenses can deliver new creative options and capture different subjects. Interactive tutorials and assignments will inspire you and help you develop your skills.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Eyecup Ef, Camera Cover R-F-3, Wide Strap EW-300D, Battery Charger LC-E10E, Power Code (for EUR / DC), Battery Pack LP-E10, Battery Cover, Interface Cable IFC-130U, non-IS lens
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 500 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- HDMI mini, USB, video out
- Continuous Shooting Speed
- H78 x W100 x D130mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" TFT, approx. 460k dots
- Face Detection
- File Formats
- JPEG 3:2: (L) 5184 x 3456, (M) 3456 x 2304, (S1) 2592 x 1728, (S2) 1920 x 1280, (S3) 720 x 480 JPEG 4:3: (L) 4608 x 3456, (M) 3072 x 2304, (S1) 2304 x 1728, (S2) 1696 x 1280, (S3) 640 x 480 JPEG 16:9: (L) 5184 x 2912, (M) 3456 x 1944, (S1) 2592 x 1456 (S
- Via optional adapter
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture
- Lens Size
- Lens Type
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Self Timer
- Sensor Size
- APS-C (22.3 x 14.9mm)
- Sensor Type
- TTL-CT-SIR with a CMOS sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Scene Intelligent Auto, No Flash, Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, Movie, Program AE , Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, Manual
- Shutter Speeds
- 30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread
- Type of Battery
- Li-ion Battery LP-E10
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Optical (95% horizontal and 95% vertical coverage)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Q & As