Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Bridge Camera, HD 1080p, 12.1MP, 50x Optical Zoom, 2.7” LCD Screen, Black
Product informationThe Canon PowerShot SX50 HS gives you the power of a DSLR without the hassle of changing lenses. Ergonomically designed and balanced to sit comfortably in the hand, this camera is as easy to use as a family point-and-shoot with the added benefit of a 50x optical zoom. The SX50 HS also features advanced image stabilisation to deliver rock-solid results at extreme range. Along with an upgraded processor for faster shooting times and Full HD video capture - this camera is perfect for the enthusiast needing flexibility and usability in one compact package.
- With an incredible 50x optical zoom reaching from 24mm to 1200mm (up to 100x with ZoomPlus) you can capture a huge range of images with one camera – from exceptional long range close ups of wildlife to impressive landscapes. The ultra-sonic motor also operates in near-total silence so you don’t disturb your subjects
- A powerful combination of DIGIC 5 image processor and 12.1 megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor, HS system lets you shoot with low noise and high image quality even in low light without flash or tripod.
- A 2.8-inch vari-angle PureColor II VA LCD provides excellent visibility and easy framing from difficult angles. An EVF lets you shoot using your own style and view subjects clearly in very bright conditions.
- Manual modes let you take full control of exposure - choose settings for aperture, shutter speed, WB and ISO. Shoot in RAW with multi aspect support, for maximum control over composition and post-shot editing using the supplied DPP software.
- A 2.7-inch vari-angle PureColor II VA LCD provides excellent visibility and enables easy framing from difficult angles. You’ll also enjoy instant reviewing of your snaps with friends.
- A 4.5 stop optical image stabiliser delivers sharp images in low light or when using the full extent of the zoom. Intelligent IS automatically selects the optimal Image Stabilizer mode from 7 options, to ensure clear, detailed images.
- Record superb, Full HD (1080p) movies at 24fps with stereo sound. Enhanced Dynamic IS compensates for rolling motion plus conventional camera shake for steady movies. HDMI connection allows for loss-less, high quality playback on a compatible HDTV.
- Smart Auto selects camera settings from 58 scenes (21 in movies), ensuring optimum results. Multi-area White Balance captures the natural colour of scenes illuminated by multiple light sources.
- Zoom Framing Assist helps you keep track of a distant subject when shooting with maximum zoom. At the press of a button it quickly zooms out of the scene - so you can relocate the subject - zooming back in the moment it’s released.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 315 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital Bridge
- USB, HDMI out
- H87.3 x W122.5 x D105.5mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
261 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow (Trial in selected areas)