Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain Eau de Toilette
Celebrating Diptyque's 50th anniversary, 34 Boulevard Saint Germain is a fresh, green and spicy fragrance, an innovative, rich and complex blend that is neither feminine nor masculine.
Composed of 40 raw materials, the eau de toilette encapsulates the scent of Diptyque's first boutique - located on 34 Boulevard Saint Germain - with the exquisite, unusual notes of damp mosses, crumpled blackcurrent leaves, sun-dried fig leaves, exotic spices, fresh flowers from English gardens, warm woods and comforting balms.
In a contemporary glass bottle, Diptyque's signature oval-shaped label is engraved on the black Bakelite cap, whilst the concave base evokes the rounded form of the paperweights sold at 34 Boulevard Saint Germain.
With a chypre base, this voluptuous scent is suitable for both men and women.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Fragrance Range
- 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
- Fragrance Type
- Eau de Toilette
- Scent Information The family or sub-group which this fragrance could be classified under. The four primary fragrance families are Floral, Oriental, Woody and Fresh.
- Scent Intensity Information The intensity or strength of the fragrance. Light – subtle and suitable for everyday wear Moderate - a noticeable but not overpowering signature scent Strong - ideal for those who want to make a bold, confident statement
- Scent Longevity Information Approximately how long the scent remains detectable when worn. Light - up to 2 hours Medium - 2 to 4 hours Long-Lasting - 4 hours +
- Unit Price
- £130 per 100ml
The diptyque story began in Paris at 34 boulevard Saint-Germain with, at its heart, three friends driven by the same creative passion. Christiane Gautrot was an interior designer, Desmond Knox-Leet, a painter, and Yves Coueslant, a theater director and set designer. The first two collaborated designing fabrics and wallpaper for Liberty and Sanderson. They were joined by the third in 1961 and opened a shop to display their designs. Yves became the administrator and consultant; Desmond and Christiane were the artistic soul. Bit by bit, with finely honed taste, the trio transformed the site into a one-of-a-kind setting, a kind of stylish bazaar where one found surprising articles unmatched in Paris, mined and conveyed home by the trio over the course of their travels.
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.