Get kids cooking by making up a batch of these pretty and delicious fairy cakes.
Ingredients:- 5 eggs
- 280g baking margarine (e.g. Stork)
- 280g caster sugar
- 280g self raising flour
For the buttercream filling:- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
Instructions:1) Preheat the oven to 170°
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream together the margarine and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, along with a little flour to stop the mixture from curdling. Once combined, sift in the rest of the flour and fold into the mixture.
3) Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases and spoon the mixture evenly into them, leaving about a 1cm space at the top of each case.
4) Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean and the tops of the cakes are golden. Leave to cool completely on a baking rack.
5) Fill a disposable icing bag with the buttercream and cut the tip off to leave a hole about 2cm in diameter. Pipe the buttercream onto the top of the cupcake, add sprinkles of your choice and top with the sponge cut out. Finish with a dusting of icing sugar.
£3.00 Standard delivery in 5 working days
Click & collect
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
International delivery available:
From £7.50 Europe (Non EU)