Giorgio Armani / Privé Bois d’Encens Eau de Parfum
“I was looking for the smell of incense from my childhood, when I went to church with my grandmother. It had depth and warmth which also reminded me of the black stone of Pantelleria.” Giorgio Armani
Giorgio Armani wanted to reconnect with a part of his childhood with Bois d’Encens. He wanted to rediscover the damp coolness of the stones of the Italian churches still filled with the curling smoke of incense. To create the incense in the image of his memories, he magically balanced his two elements, the capricious and volatile essential oil and the more serious, reasonable and steady absolute. Then he chose Cedar for its beige and mild scent and Vetiver for its dark, pungent and warm root.
The woody, resin accord resonates once again, mystical and slender. The intense, black top comes from the volcanic deepness of the earth, from where the volcanic glass draws its protective strength. When held in the hand it will combine its beneficial strengths with the magical incantation of the incense.
Bois d’Encens: a fragrance seeking truth and knowledge, Giorgio Armani’s chosen personal fragrance.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Fragrance Range
- Privé Collection
- Fragrance Type
- Eau de Parfum
- Scent Information The family or sub-group which this fragrance could be classified under. The four primary fragrance families are Floral, Oriental, Woody and Fresh.
- Scent Intensity Information The intensity or strength of the fragrance. Light – subtle and suitable for everyday wear Moderate - a noticeable but not overpowering signature scent Strong - ideal for those who want to make a bold, confident statement
- Scent Longevity Information Approximately how long the scent remains detectable when worn. Light - up to 2 hours Medium - 2 to 4 hours Long-Lasting - 4 hours +
- Unit Price
- £160 per 100ml
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.