Entertaining & Cooking Ideas
Entertaining & Cooking Ideas
Autumn - October 2015
Embrace the charms of winter: food-centric socialising is a pleasure best enjoyed during colder months. Whether enjoying a glass of wine, baking seasonal treats or finding winter menu inspiration, do it with the help of our COOK edition
Savour your Sauvignon by enjoying it from the right glass: Riedel are renowned for their range of wine-specific glassware, tailoring forms to best complement the characteristics of your favourite Chardonnay or Bordeaux.
- Left column Old World Pinot Noir glasses have a rounded, voluminous bulb and extended stem, giving your wine plenty of room to breathe and amplify the rich flavours. A gently tapered rim moves flavours towards your mouth
- The wide waist of these New World Shiraz glasses aerate your wine, first presenting the fruity aromas and then the tannin flavours
- A dedicated Bordeaux glass will let your wine breathe, thanks to its generous bowl. A precise rim enhances silkiness and directs wine towards the front of the palate so you can experience both acidity and supple tannins
- The narrow mouth of this Vinum Sauvignon Blanc glass retains the aromas of the wine, while keeping it chilled for longer
- Try Vinum Cuvée Prestige glasses, formed as flutes to feel Champagne bubbles on the tip of the tongue. To further maintain a characteristic fizz, each glass is etched with a small abraded dot
- The first grape-specific wine tumbler, Operations just creating range for these, will add url shortly Riedel O glasses allows wine to open up and fit snugly in your hand thanks to a stemless design, which is also dishwasher-safe. Choose from Cabernet/Merlot, Riesling/Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay/Viognier
Slide and hide
The unique door of these ovens opens fully, then slides neatly under the main body. This gives you flexibility and lets you cool cakes in the tin, or reach savoury dishes easily for basting, sampling and seasoning
With four levels and 12 different heating methods, you can bake anything from a Victoria sponge with a light, fluffy rise to a whole roast dinner for the family
More than just baking
Exclusive to Neff, CircoTherm® technology uses a powerful fan to draw hot air towards your food and sealing very quickly, so roasted meats are moist and succulent. A dough-proving function is perfect when making bread.
Enlist little ghouls and ghosts to help bake and decorate these spooky bat-shaped biscuits
- Step 1
Take a medium to large, well-rounded pumpkin. Make sure it’s fresh and unbruised, or it won’t last as long. Using a large, sharp knife, carefully cut off the top.
- Step 2
Use the pumpkin scoop to remove the seeds (save them, they’re delicious toasted!) and some of the flesh from the walls, making them about an inch thick.
- Step 3
Tape one of the patterns to the pumpkin and roll a pounce wheel along the dotted lines. Gently carve out your shape with the saw
- Step 4
Pop a tealight in a glass votive inside your pumpkin, before lighting it and replacing the lid. Never leave a Jack O’Lantern unattended.
Monitor sparklers, keep an eye on the bonfire, make sure fireworks are the right way up – but don't worry about the food. Our Canteen tableware is styishly retro-chic, and thanks to a vitrified porcelain finish, it's tough too. Plus, our pulled pork recipe is perfect for feeding the whole family
Beautiful pieces to serve delicious dishes
Spud You Like
Potatoes are the quintessential winter staple: find everything you need to prepare and serve them with our Spud You Like collection
Create it at home