HP Envy 4500 All-in-One Wireless Printer, Instant Ink Compatible
We like it because...
you'll get high quality prints at a great price, while HP's Instant Ink service is a cost effective way of printing high resolution images without running out of ink.
Print high quality photos and documents on the go from your internet-connected smartphone, tablet or PC with HP's affordable Envy 4500 wireless printer-scanner-copier. The Envy 4500 is compatible with HP's Instant Ink service, delivering ink to your door when you need it.
For more information on Instant Ink, please click here.
Simple wireless connection
Simple to set up, The Envy 4500 brings frustration-free wireless printing to your home, thanks to HP Auto Wireless Connect. Wireless Connect creates a wireless signal for you to connect your computer, tablet or smartphone directly to, making wireless printing just a few taps away. The Envy 4500 is AirPrint compatible, making it easier than ever to print from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and it also features HP ePrint, allowing you to print from any internet connected device, from anywhere around the world.
Envy 4500 produces the results you need at home or at work. Print lab-quality, borderless photos and laser sharp documents, scan high resolution images with hardware for 1200 x 2400 resolution or optically for up to 1200 ppi.
Time saving and cost effective
Conserve resources without slowing down your results. The Envy 4500 features automatic two sided printing to help you save on paper and can be used with high capacity 'XL' cartridges for a higher page yield. It's also Energy Star qualified, so will save you money on your electricity bills too.
This printer is eligible for use with HP's Instant Ink service.
About Instant Ink:
Instant Ink is a subscription service from HP that will deliver new ink to your door as the current cartridge runs out. Instant Ink eligible printers that are connected to the internet send a message to HP when you need new cartridges and they'll be shipped directly to you. Designed to ensure that you're paying for the number of pages you print as opposed to the ink itself, it'll help you get the most out of your printer.
For a monthly fee, you can subscribe to receive ink for up to 50, 100 or 300 pages per month, regardless of whether the prints are high quality colour photos or black and white documents. Unused pages also roll over to the next month up to the maximum number of pages per month in your chosen plan (for example, in the 50 page plan, up to 50 unused pages can roll into the next month, giving you a maximum of 100 pages for that month). You can also cancel your plan at any time, or changing to match your printing needs. For more information on the Instant Ink packages available, please click here.
PC: Windows 8, 7: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer. Windows Vista: 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer. Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel Pentium II, Celeron or 233 MHz compatible processor, 750 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 6.
Mac: Mac OS X v10.6, OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion; Intel Core Processor; 1 GB available hard disk space; CD-ROM/DVD or Internet; USB
- Automatic Document Feeder Information Set a scanner or copier to automatically feed multiple pages of a document in for processing, one page at a time.
- Borderless Printing Information Prints a photo without the white border around it
- YES- Up to 216 x 279mm (Letter)
- Compatible Inks
- HP 301 Black & Tri-colour OR HP 301XL Black & Tri-colour OR HP Instant Ink
- Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only); Mac OS X v10.6, Lion, Mountain Lion
- H390 x W445 x D608 mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 5 cm (2.0") Hi-Res Mono LCD
- Double sided printing Information Double sided, or duplex printers can print on both sides of a sheet of paper.
- Automatic (standard)
- Print, Scan, Copy
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Mobile printing services Information Print wirelessly from compatible smartphones, tablets, and other internet connected devices.
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint
- Model name / number
- Envy 4500
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Paper format Information The types of paper or other media that this printer can print on
- Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, the HP premium media, iron-on transfers, borderless media
- Paper size
- A4 (210 x 297 mm); A5 (148 x 210 mm); B5 (176 x 250 mm); DL (110 x 220 mm); C6 (114 x 162 mm); A6 (105 x 148 mm); 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm (custom)
- Paper tray capacity
- Up to 100 sheets
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- USB 2.0
- Printing resolution Information The higher the dots per inch (dpi) the greater the definition of the image
- Up to 4800 x 1200dpi
- Printing speed Information How many pages or how fast a single photo can be produced per minute. Measured as Pages Per Minute (PPM) or Images Per Minute (IPM)
- Black: up to 8.8 ppm. Colour: up to 5.2 ppm
- Print technology
- Scanning resolution Information Can scan a photo or document
- Up to 1200 x 2400dpi
- Shop by Type
- Wi-Fi enabled
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
355 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from Monday - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Next day UK delivery
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
Next day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
£3.00 Standard delivery in 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Monday