Janome Memory Craft 4900QC Sewing Machine
The Memory Craft 4900QC (Quilter's Companion) is a machine made especially for quilting as well as sewing. It has an extra large, backlit LCD display with easy-to-follow icons. It’s easy to select the huge number of stitches: you can even customise stitch combinations then save them to a memory bank. And with Previous Setting Recall, the MC4900QC remembers the last stitch that was sewn, even after it’s been turned off.
For big projects the 4900QC is well equipped. There are 188 built-in stitches, 3 alphabet styles (including foreign letters) and a choice of 10 buttonhole styles. You’ll also appreciate the twin lamps that make detailed stitching well illuminated.
Having a full rotary, horizontal, magnetic hook system means this Janome provides a whisper-quiet and smooth operation. A stop/start button gets you going quickly; electronic foot speed control gives you excellent control, even at lower speeds; integrated drop feed gives you free movement when quilting or embroidering; and automatic thread tension assures excellent stitch quality.
Additional Features on the Janome 4900QC include: pressure adjustment dial; mode button for quick access to stitches, alphabets and numbers; full editing of stitches (width, length and elongation); 7- piece feed dog; 2 accessory storage areas, quilter guide and embroidery hoop.
This machine is supplied with 13 accessory feet, which include standard, zipper, blind hem, buttonhole, overedge, even feed, satin stitch, hemmer 1/4" seam, 3 way cording, button sewing, embroidery and an overcasting foot.Also includes:
Spool cap - large and small
Spare spool pin
Spool pin felt
Exclusive to John Lewis.
- Alphabet styles Information Easy way to sew letters
- Auto thread tension Information Ensures stable stitch quality
- Buttonhole styles Information Gives flexibility when sewing different garments
- Buttonhole type Information The fewer steps, the easier and faster the process
- Electronic foot speed control Information Gives greater control, even at slow speeds
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Embroidery options
- Satin Stitches
- Hook movement Information Oscillating is a half-circle movement of the bobbin; rotary moves full-circle, reducing thread jams
- Integrated drop feed Information Feed teeth drop down so fabric has free movement. Useful when quilting or embroidering
- Integrated dual feed Information Provides equal feeding of top and bottom layers of fabric. Useful when quilting
- Integrated needle threader Information Makes it easy to thread the needle
- Knee lifter Information Lets you lift the presser foot when using both hands to control the fabric
- Lock stitch facility Information Ensures all stitches and patterns are securely locked off at the end of the sewing sequence
- Manufacturer's Guarantee
- 2 years
- Max speed limiter Information Controls maximum speed of machine, irrespective of how hard the foot control is depressed
- Model name / number
- Needle up/down function Information Lets you to programme the needle so it always finishes in the down or up position. Useful when pivoting on corners
- Reverse button Information Sews in reverse to reinforce the stitch
- Sewing Machine Type
- Stitch options Information The more stitch options, the more designs you can use
- Stop/Start button Information Lets machine be used without the foot control
- Suitable for fabrics
- All, including stretch and denim
- Suitable for user
- Thread cutter Information Neatly cuts the thread after sewing
- Tutorial DVD
- View-through bobbin cover Information Shows you when your bobbin is low on thread
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Width adjustment Information Lets you adjust the stitch setting manually
Delivery in 14 days from our supplier
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Find the machine that's right for what you need
Find the right machine for your sewing tasks