John Lewis JL110 Sewing Machine, Red
We like it because...
...it's packed full of features yet simple to use making it the ideal choice for the novice with seamster dreams.
The JL110 is ideal if you use your sewing machine as part of a hobby or regularly mend clothes. It's suitable for beginners or those with a little experience of sewing.
It has 14 stitch options, 4-step automatic buttonhole facility, darning plate - and free arm for sewing cuffs or trouser legs; it also comes with a soft dust cover. Use it for sewing light to medium weight fabrics.
This machine features a darning plate which sits over the needle plate to stop the fabric coming into contact with the feed teeth and acts like a drop feed.
Please note: this machine can be used with a twin needle, but this is not supplied with it.
Hints & Tips: To produce the best results from your sewing machine please be aware that the needle should be replaced after approximately 8 hours of continuous use. We have a plenty of needle packs to pick from when the occasion calls.
John Lewis sewing machines are compatible with Janome sewing machine accessories
- Alphabet styles Information Easy way to sew letters
- Auto thread tension Information Ensures stable stitch quality
- Buttonholes Information The fewer steps, the easier and faster the process
- Buttonhole styles Information Gives flexibility when sewing different garments
- Buttonhole type Information The fewer steps, the easier and faster the process
- Packaged: H33 x W22 x L44cm
- Electronic foot speed control Information Gives greater control, even at slow speeds
- Embroidery options
- Hook movement Information Oscillating is a half-circle movement of the bobbin; rotary moves full-circle, reducing thread jams
- Integrated drop feed Information Feed teeth drop down so fabric has free movement. Useful when quilting or embroidering
- Integrated dual feed Information Provides equal feeding of top and bottom layers of fabric. Useful when quilting
- Integrated needle threader Information Makes it easy to thread the needle
- Knee lifter Information Lets you lift the presser foot when using both hands to control the fabric
- Lock stitch facility Information Ensures all stitches and patterns are securely locked off at the end of the sewing sequence
- Manufacturer's Guarantee
- 2 years
- Max speed limiter Information Controls maximum speed of machine, irrespective of how hard the foot control is depressed
- Model name / number
- Needle up/down function Information Lets you to programme the needle so it always finishes in the down or up position. Useful when pivoting on corners
- Reverse button Information Sews in reverse to reinforce the stitch
- Sewing Machine Type
- Sewing speed Information Measured in stiches per minute
- 860 spm
- Stitch options Information The more stitch options, the more designs you can use
- Stop/Start button Information Lets machine be used without the foot control
- Suitable for fabrics
- Light to medium
- Suitable for user
- Thread cutter Information Neatly cuts the thread after sewing
- Tutorial DVD
- View-through bobbin cover Information Shows you when your bobbin is low on thread
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Width adjustment Information Lets you adjust the stitch setting manually
Standard delivery within 5 working day
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
£3.00 Standard delivery in 5 working days
FREE Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
£3.50 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow