Lemon Cream Biscuits by Meyer
Tip: Ideal for a teatime or party snack. Delicious with or without the cream filling.
Makes: 14 filled biscuits
Ingredients:- 1 lemon
- 100 g soft butter
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- 140 g self raising flour
For the filling:- 50 g soft butter
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Instructions:1) Lightly grease 2 baking trays.
2) Finely grate the lemon for the zest and put into a bowl with the butter and sugar.
3) Beat together until pale.
4) Add the flour and mix together.
5) Mould the mixture into about 28 small balls – about the size of a small walnut
6) Put onto the baking trays and bake for 7-10 minutes at 160C/140C fan/gas 3 until light golden. Keep an eye on them as you don’t want them to go too brown. Leave to cool on the tray.
7) Make the cream for the filling – put all the ingredients into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or electric hand whisk until creamy
8) Spoon a little cream onto a cookie and make a sandwich with another biscuit