Lenovo A8-50 Tablet, Quad-core Processor, Android, 8", Wi-Fi, 16GB, Midnight Blue
Bringing entertainment to life, the Lenovo A8-50 Android tablet is an affordable way to enjoy video, music, games and your favourite apps. Packing an HD wideview display, Dolby Digital Plus audio technology and a quad-core processor, this is a slim multimedia tablet you can take anywhere.
Video and Music Hub
With Dolby Digital Plus audio enhancement, the A8-50 can deliver louder, more natural, distortion-free sound, whether through the headphones or the integrated speaker. Combined with a bright and colourful multitouch display, the A8-50 is great for watching videos on the go. IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology helps to provide a wide viewing angle, so you can share on-screen content with the people around you.
The A8-50 is powered by a MediaTek quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor and 1GB of RAM, delivering the performance you need to run the latest Android apps and games, while providing a smooth experience when navigating your tablet and widgets.
The A8-50 features a long battery life of up to 11 hours, so you can use it on the go without fear of the battery running out. It weighs only 350g, making it a practical device to take on your travels, so you can enjoy movies, web browsing, reading and more without feeling weighed down. It's also less than 9mm thin, so slipping it into a bag or case won't be a problem.
Built-in dual cameras cater for all of your imaging needs. The front-facing 2 megapixel webcam is ideal for taking selfies and video chatting, while the rear 5 megapixel will take a high quality photo with auto-focus ensuring your subject is sharp.
The A8-50 comes with 16GB of storage built in. But if that’s not enough, it also features a microSD card slot, so you can treble your storage space with cards of up to 32GB.
Route 66 Navi + Maps
Norton Mobile Security
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 11 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H217 x W136 x D8.95 mm
- Midnight Blue
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR SGX544
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 16GB eMMC Flash Storage
- Headphone socket
- Location Services
- GPS, A-GPS
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD (up to 32GB)
- Model name / number
- A8-50 Wi-Fi Midnight Blue
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Quad-core MediaTek MTK 8121
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1280 x 800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- IPS display with capacitive 10-point multitouch
- G-Sensor (accelerometer), vibration
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Integrated speaker with Dolby Audio Technology
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- YES- Google Now
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 2 megapixels
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixels
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
365 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from Monday - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Free Standard delivery in 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Monday