Lenovo IdeaTab S5000 Tablet, Quad-core Processor, Android, 7", Wi-Fi, 16GB, Silver Grey
The ultra slim and feather light Lenovo IdeaTab S5000 combines style with features. It packs a quad-core processor, wide-view HD screen, and high quality cameras to help you get the most out of your tablet. Its stylish and slim design will look great in your hands and will easily slip into a bag when not in use.
Sleek, slim and stylish
The S5000 features a stunningly slim design, measuring just 7.9mm in depth and weighing less than 250g making it perfect for use on the move. Aesthetically it looks fantastic too, the the silver back complimenting the black bezel on the front to create a sophisticated look.
The S5000 is powered by a MediaTek quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor and 1GB of RAM, delivering the performance you need to run all of the latest Android apps and games, while providing a smooth experience when navigating your tablet and widgets.
Perfect for videos and photos
With a bright 7-inch high definition display, the S5000 is a fantastic tool for sharing your favourite photos and videos on. You'll be able to see images with sharp details and vivid colours for a rich viewing experience, while IPS technology ensures wide viewing angles of 178 degrees, so multiple people can observe at once.
Get personal with a picture
The S5000 features two cameras for your imagine needs. A 5 megapixel rear camera with auto-focus will enable you to take high resolution photos and capture smooth HD videos with superb clarity and rich colours. The 1.6 megapixel front facing webcam will help your friends and family get a clear picture of you when video chatting, or you can take self shots to show off that new hairstyle.
Android and apps
Running on Google's Android operating system, the S5000 gives you access to all of your favourite apps and games from the Google Play Store. It also comes with a number of apps pre installed, like Norton Security, Kingsoft's Office suite, Skype, ES File Explorer and Lenovo Launcher.
The S5000 feature built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an OTG compatible microUSB port, 16GB of storage for your files and a battery life of up to 8 hours making it an immensely versatile portable tablet for use on the go.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 8 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H191 x W116 x D7.9 mm
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A solid state drive has fewer moving parts so allows for a quicker start up as well as providing more security if your computer is dropped.
- Headphone socket
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- IdeaTab S5000 59387321
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 215.63 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- MediaTek MTK 8125
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1280 x 800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- Multitouch capacitive display with IPS
- Integrated stereo speakers
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- YES- Google Now
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.6 megapixels
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixels
- Wireless Display Information Allows wireless data streaming to a WiDi-enabled TV.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
258 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow (Trial in selected areas)