Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 8
Rated 1 out of 5 by Joonline Beware - cannot dissemble to clean
We have had this juicer a year or so, therefore it is not new, however it is an expensive product and there is a flaw in the design which means this is no longer usable so I wanted other potential buyers to be aware of. The top half twists off from the bottom half for cleaning, but it is smooth and circular so you cannot get a grip on it and it is hard to take apart. Recently it has got worse and we need to insert a skewer into the mechanism to get it apart and even then it is a struggle. Much better off with the ones that have clip fasteners.
04 January 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Chris0000 Disappointing in many ways
Top marks to John Lewis who gave me a full refund after buying this machine and being quite disappointed. After my refund I purchased the Sage Heston Blumenthal Nutri Juicer Plus, so this review includes a comparison to that machine.
- The machine is tall but small footprint, takes up minimal space on kitchen work counter. There is no separate pulp container. All pulp is kept in the central machine (also a negative).
- Reasonably quiet. Quieter than the Sage Nutri Juicer.
- Juice is not 100% smooth, small bits of pulp remain. The Sage produces a much smoother juice.
- The pulp which remains in the machine is not 100% dry. I would estimate it leaves the pulp 80% dry. The Sage juicer leaves pulp 95% dry.
- The machine becomes less effective with every vegetable juiced. This is because the pulp is contained in the internal basket and any new juice must pass through the old pulp before reaching the jug. I found I needed to open the machine and empty the basket after juicing only five apples.
- Juice extraction is slow(ish). After placing a fruit in the juicer, 90% of the juice comes out instantly, but the last 10% trickles out over 10-20 seconds. This is because it has to pass through all the collected pulp. The Sage produces 100% of the juice in 2-4 seconds.
- The entry shute is deceptive. Although it looks large, there is a chunk of plastic halfway down that means all apples must be cut in two.
Overall I was quite disappointed with the machine. Primarily because it doesn't produce a 100% smooth juice and the leftover pulp is always wet. John Lewis let me exchange the product for the Sage Heston Blumenthal Nutri Juicer Plus, which is a far better juicer is many ways.
01 June 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by nonplussed Magimix Le Duo XL Juice Extractor
I have given 4 stars,as this machine is not for greens really as it won't cope well.It is better to chop the fruit up to get the most juice out.Also carrots I have decided are better grated first.to get more juice.If you pay for water on a meter it struck me it uses a lot of running water to clean the basket especially if you use this machine daily! Providing you add lemon or lime juice it doesn't seem to oxidise the fruit causing browning.Foaming is not a problem at all.I didn't chop up the fruit first time I used and the pulp was very wet & wasting a lot of juice ,but since chopping or grating first it has been a great improvement.For greens you require a macerating machine.The citrus press works well.Not a bad centrifugal machine.Bananas need a coulis maker as not for this machine either.
30 May 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pompa good juicer
Bought this and have been using it everyday. Good extraction of juices leaving pulp relatively dry. Cleaning is not easy if you are juicing in the morning and rushing off to work. The basket containing the pulp needs to be clean ASAP or else tough work cleaning the dried pulp. Do not fill the juicer too much as it leaks out the sides where the lid is. Had to dispose the pulp before doing the next lot so that I had about 750cc of juice for 2. Good way of getting 5 portions of fruits and veg. Tried melon mangoes together and it was yummy.
24 May 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jan5361 Great juicer
Keep hold of this juicer when starting it up as the motor torque is so strong it try's to escape. Pulp goes out as a treat for the chickens. It also attracts the bees into the garden.
13 April 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by SusieV Magimix juicer
So far I am very pleased with this product. It is easy to use, very sturdy when the machine is on and does the job perfectly. Cleaning the drum is a bit fiddly but easier if it is done immediately after juicing so that the pulp doesn't dry out at all
01 April 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ed63 Magimix Le Duo XL Juice Extractor
Very efficient juicer. I cannot compare because I have never used one before. At the retail price the Coulis maker should be included. It appears to be an an optional extra which depending on the price might make this an extremely expensive product
21 January 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jojoann99 Love Magimix
First day, it seam lovely juicer. Does not make much noise, easy to clean, does not stain like my old one. Drains all the juice from all type of fruit and veg. I like this brand. Thank you Magimix.
01 November 2013