Make your Own Steamed Salmon with Avocado Salsa
This quick and easy salmon recipe has a Mexican twist, with a delicious avocado salsa on the side.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 1kg salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the salsa:
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 mild hot peppers, seeded and deveined, diced or sliced
- 2 tomatoes
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs finely chopped coriander
- Mix the salt, coriander, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together. Rub the salmon fillets with the seasoning mix and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge, place in tin foil and make into parcels.
- Combine the hot peppers, tomatoes, coriander, lime juice, olive oil and salt in a mini chopper and pulse until finely chopped but not blended. Slice the onion very finely and stir into the mix. Chill until ready to use. Prepare the avocado by peeling, removing the stone and cutting into long slices.
- Place salmon in tin foil with the lime shells and make into parcels. Place in the steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon and how well done you like it.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of watercress, topped with the avocado slices and then finish with the salsa.
Please note: The image you see here shows the key pieces of this collection, but doesn't always include the whole range. The product list beneath the image shows you all the items available in the range.