The specially designed base on the Maxi-Cosi car seat positions the seat higher so that little ones can easily see out of the window during car journeys. A group 1 car seat, suitable for toddlers 9-18kg (approximately 9 months to 4 years), the Tobi is easy to install with a 3-point seat belt.
The Tobi features an innovative harness system which springs open and stays in that position whilst seating your child. With a clever light indicator that shows whether your child is safely buckled in the seat and an additional belt tension system, which tightens to provides a more solid and secure fit when on the move.
The car seat features protective side supports, which offer protection against side impact, and the shoulder straps and headrest can be easily adjusted with one hand so the seat grows with your child. It also has 5 reclining positions and a soft head hugger.
All our car seats and infant carriers comply with current European regulations ECE R44.04.
- Under no circumstances should a car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance to make them most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend fitting the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn`t be left in Group 0/0+ car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- Find your nearest department store
Car seats are categorised into the following groups and it is imperative that a category is chosen so the child`s weight falls within the range indicated:
Car Seat groups:
|Group ||Child's weight ||approx. age of child |
|0 ||birth up to 10kg/22lb ||birth up to 6-9 months |
|0+ ||birth up to 13kg/29lb ||birth up to 12-15 months |
|0+ & 1 ||birth up to 18kg/40lb ||birth to up to about 4 years |
|1 ||9-18kg/20-40lb ||about 9 months to 4 years |
|1 & 2 ||9-25kg/20-55lb ||about 9 months to 6 years |
|2 ||15-25kg/33-55lb ||about 4 to 6 years |
|1, 2, 3 ||9-36kg/20-79lb ||about 9 months to 12 years |
|2 & 3 ||15-36kg/33-79lb ||about 4-12 years |
Note: some car seats will be approved in two or more groups.
Isofix is a system of dedicated attachment points in the car which car seats can be locked into. We recommend checking your car handbook for further information.
2 years on seat, 1 year on fabric
Weight or height of child
9-18kg or 20-40lb
Advice on choosing and fitting a car seat for safety and comfort