Microsoft Surface Pro, Intel Core i5, Windows 8 Pro, 10.6", Wi-Fi, 128GB
Experience all the power of a laptop computer in a tablet form with the Surface Pro from Microsoft. The Surface runs Windows 8 Pro, giving you access to all of the programs and games that you can run on a regular Windows 8 computer, but with the added convenience and portability that you expect from a tablet. With the power of an Intel Core i5 processor and 4GB of RAM, this device is the answer for anyone who doesn’t want to sacrifice power for portability.
Powered by an Intel Core i5 processor, the Surface can run the latest programs, apps and games either from the desktop or from the Windows Store. This device is perfect for those who need to run high intensity programs for work or want to play the latest games on the go.
Windows 8 Pro features BitLocker for enhanced hard drive security so you can keep your personal and business files safe, without compromising on functionality. Remote Access gives you the ability to connect to your corporate domains so you can work on the go.
The 10.6”, 16:9 display features a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, giving you a stunning Full HD picture, while built-in stereo speakers mean high quality audio from music and movies.
Connect mice, external hard drives, USB sticks and more with the ultra fast USB 3.0 port. Plug in a microSD card up to 64GB to enhance your system’s storage capacity and even output to projectors and monitors using the Mini DisplayPort.
The included stylus pen is the ideal way to navigate the touch screen interface on the go. Take notes, draw pictures and more, this stylus updates a traditional way of recording information with a technological twist.
Connect to the internet using the built-in Wi-Fi receiver, and transfer files wirelessly with superfast Bluetooth 4.0. Two HD cameras, on the front and the back ensure high quality images, whether you’re making a video call or taking a photo.
Please note: Microsoft Office is not included on this tablet. To use Microsoft Office it must be purchased separately.
Keyboard sold separately.
*System software uses significant storage space; your storage capacity will be less. See surface PDF (opens in a new window)
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 5 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H173 x W274.6 x D13.5 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A solid state drive has fewer moving parts so allows for a quicker start up as well as providing more security if your computer is dropped.
- Headphone socket
- Memory card slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSDXC card slot
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 3.0
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Core i5-3317U
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 1.7GHz to 2.6GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixels
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 1.2 megapixels
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops from 2pm tomorrow
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow (Trial in selected areas)
Have you thought about