Microsoft Surface Tablet, NVIDIA Tegra 3, Windows RT, 10.6", Wi-Fi, 64GB
Where work meets play. The power of Windows, the productivity of Office Home & Student 2013 RT, and the joy of Xbox, music, movies, and games not to mention apps, social media, music and more. Surface is also cloud-connected with SkyDrive, so you can access your content from anywhere, at any time.
- Super thin with a depth of just 0.37inches it is perfectly portable and ultra compact. The exterior is made from a highly durable VaporMg that is three times lighter than aluminium.
- The screen’s 16:9 aspect ratio is ideal for watching HD movies and playing games. The extra-wide viewing angle lets you share content with people around you.
- The integrated Kickstand enables hands-free entertainment. To use Surface as a tablet, just flip the Kickstand closed and it disappears into the casing.
- Surface is equipped with front and rear-facing LifeCam cameras so you can capture all of life’s important moments in photos or video. The rear camera is angled upwards at 22 degrees, so when Surface is resting on the Kickstand, the camera looks straight ahead.
- Surface with Windows RT is incredibly thin, but still features a full-size USB port, microSD card slot and HD video out port. Easily transfer files or use compatible accessories.
- Live tiles and notifications keep the info you want flowing to you in real time. With connected standby and up to 8 hours of battery life, you're always up to date.
- Pin favourites to your Start screen, and arrange them the way you want. Create your unique picture password to sign in.
- Surface with Windows RT is designed to run apps from the Windows Store, so you know you’re finding trusted applications that help you see more, share more and do more.
- Keyboard Sold Separately.
- Windows RT is a new version of Microsoft Windows that's built to run on ARM-based tablets and PCs. It works exclusively with apps available in the Windows Store.
- Surface with Windows RT comes installed with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT
- Surface with Windows RT features device encryption and comes with Windows Defender
*System software uses significant storage space; your storage capacity will be less. See surface PDF (opens in a new window)
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 8 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H211 x W378 x D52 mm
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A solid state drive has fewer moving parts so allows for a quicker start up as well as providing more security if your computer is dropped.
- Headphone socket
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSDXC card slot
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows RT
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1 x USB 2.0, Micro HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- NVIDIA Quad-core Tegra 3 T30
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- ClearType Full HD IPS LCD Display
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixels
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 1.2 megapixels
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
259 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Monday (Trial in selected areas)