Miele W5000 Supertronic Freestanding Washing Machine, 8kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1600rpm Spin, White
Please note: This product is not available in our shops for viewing. However, you can still place your order in store.
Hate ironing? You’ll love the Miele W5000 Supertronic! This flagship washing machine from Miele boasts:
- Miele’s SteamCare system which reduces creasing, resulting in easier ironing
- Supertronic control technology - makes programming and using your W5000 simple, with easy to understand options in text, selected by touch controls
- An A+++ energy rating for terrifically meagre power consumption
- Huge 8kg load - enough capacity for even the largest families
- High 1600 rpm spin speed for maximum water extraction
- A Washing Assistant that chooses the optimum wash programme for you for perfect results every time
- An AutoDos dispensing unit for liquid and powder detergent that automatically dispenses the correct amount of detergent
- Honeycomb drum for less wear and tear on your garments
- Energy-saving stand-by mode, saving the planet and your pocket
Super by name and super by nature, this top-of-the range energy-efficient Miele washing machine has your laundry’s - and the planet’s resources - best interests at heart.
For a start there’s the SteamCare system, uniquely working with a single burst of steam, constant steam delivery or a combination of the two. This reduces creasing, resulting in easier ironing, after all, who loves ironing? In fact, TwinInjection steam offers up to 50% reduction in ironing, combined with significantly better reduction in creasing levels than by ironing alone, as confirmed by a Bonn University endorsement.
Then there’s the AutoDos dispensing unit for liquid and powder detergent, which automatically dispenses the correct amount of detergent, this can save up to 30% detergent compared to manual dispensing. And let’s not forget the Washing Assistant - simply select the type of fabric and colour of garment and the level of soiling and the optimum programme will appear in the display.
The W5000 also has a generous 30cm diameter porthole, features 24 wash programmes, including a 20 minute Express wash for smaller loads and a hand wash. A 60°C wash takes just 116 minutes. Special programmes include sports and outerwear cycles, and one for pillows with feather, eiderdown or synthetic fillings. The machine's drum has a honeycomb-patterned surface which creates a film of water which cushions garments from the drum, reducing wear and tear.
A wide choice of spin speeds (400 – 1600rpm) means this Miele washing machine can cope with every kind of garment or fabric, including an anti-crease action to help with the ironing. Using the W5000 is child’s play thanks to the large Supertronic display and touch panel. They’re even angled towards you so you can see them more clearly. There’s even a display to tell you when the cycle will finish, plus a buzzer to tell you when the washing’s over.
This Miele machine will also protect you from leaks, thanks to its Waterproof System (WPS) - a double safety valve attached to the stopcock will automatically switch off the water supply and close the washing machine down within seconds of a water leak occurring. The PC update facility also means that as laundry technology progresses, a Miele service engineer can come and update your machine - a very useful feature in a machine you can expect to last.
Miele machines are famous for their longevity. Miele will therefore guarantee to carry spare parts accordingly. Their machines have an enamel coating which is directly applied as a powder, and will not chip, rust or lose its colour in normal use. With delay timer up to 24 hours.
- Auto Dose Information This function automatically doses liquid detergents into your wash, always dosing the right amount at the right time, every time.
- Automatic Load Adjustment Information Automatically adjusts water level for a smaller load, thus saving time and money
- Delay Start
- Yes - up to 24 hours
- Delicate Wash Information This wash cycle uses a lesser degree of agitation and the spin cycle uses a slow spin to extract water from your laundry. This reduces the agitation and abrasion on clothes helping to protect delicate fabrics
- Digital display
- H85 x W59.5 x D61.5cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Energy Consumption- Washing and Spinning Information Amount of energy used during standard 60ºC cotton cycle
- Energy Rating Information Graded on performance, from A+++ to G, with A+++ being the highest rating. Higher ratings mean better energy efficiency
- Estimated Annual Energy Consumption- Washing and Spinning Information Based on 160 washing cycles of the standard cotton programme at full and partial load. Actual energy consumption per cycle will depend on how the appliance is used
- Estimated Annual Water Consumption- Washing and Spinning
- Hand wash Information Special programme for delicates
- Load Capacity Information The maximum recommended weight of your washing in kg
- Maximum Spin Speed Information The faster the spin, the more water is removed in the spin cycle
- Model name / number
- Noise Level- Spin Cycle
- Noise Level- Wash Cycle
- Number of Programs
- Online Exclusive Information This product is not available in John Lewis branches
- Overflow protection Information An anti-flood device prevents the machine from being damaged by flooding from the inlet pipe
- Programme time (60°C cotton cycle) Information Time in minutes it takes for the wash programme to run
- Program Sequence Indicator Information Tells you the progress of your washing/drying cycle
- Services available
- Connection/installation service available
- Spin performance Information Graded on performance A - G, with A being the highest grade. The higher the grade the more energy efficient the appliance.
- Time remaining indicator Information Tells you how long the programme's got to go
- Variable temperature control Information Variable temperature selections to choose from to suit your requirements.
- Wash performance Information Graded on performance A - G, with A being the highest grade. The higher the grade the more energy efficient the appliance.
- Water Consumption Per Standard Cycle
- Water Consumption- Washing and Spinning Information The amount of water used during a standard wash only cycle.
- 59.4L standard cottons cycle
- Water supply (fill type) Information Whether cold and/or hot water used. Cold water only is more efficient, as mains hot water is normally hotter than most programmes, so it will need cooling down to operate.
- Cold fill
- Wool Programme Information Gentle programme for washable woollens
Delivery in 7 weeks from our supplier
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Use our know-how to help you decide on the right machine