Apple iMac MF883B/A All-in-One Desktop Computer, Dual-core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB, 21.5"
This stunning all-in-one iMac features a beautiful 21.5-inch widescreen display, fourth generation Intel Core processor and Intel HD 5000 graphics. And it comes as standard with 8GB memory, a 500GB hard drive and advanced, high-speed connections, including two Thunderbolt ports, four USB 3 ports and 802.11ac Wi-Fi. All in an impossibly thin brushed aluminium enclosure.
Fourth-generation Intel Core Processor
Intel's fourth generation Core i5 processor provides stunning performance for anything from web browsing to video editing. The fourth generation of Intel's fabled processors also help to keep you and your personal information safer, thanks to built-in security features.
Stunning ultrathin design
iMac's premium aluminium casing and glass display make for a stunning, modern looking machine, that looks as good as it performs. It's incredibly thin but still manages to pack a remarkable amount of high performance technology into the same amazingly thin enclosure.
Brilliant widescreen Full HD display
The display uses IPS technology and LED backlighting to ensure that images and videos look great from any seat. The LCD sits right against the ultrathin glass, bringing content closer to you, while the colours have been individually calibrated to deliver rich and vibrant true-to-life colours.
iMac is packed full of connectivity options, including 802.11ac Wi-Fi, giving you superior performance over an 802.11ac router. It also packs four USB 3.0 ports for then times the performance of USB 2.0, two Thunderbolt ports for connecting compatible monitors and hard drives for data transfer at rapid speeds. It also includes Bluetooth, an SDXC card slot, Ethernet port and a Mini DisplayPort.
Please note: This iMac is eligible for a free upgrade to OS X Yosemite through the Mac App store
Mac OS X Yosemite
OS X Yosemite helps to bring iOS and OS X devices together. It's packed full of features that will help you take full advantage of your hardware, without compromising on looks or ease of use. It works with your processor to give you the best possible experience and will keep everything up to date, even when it's in sleep mode.
OS X lets you control your Mac with simple, intuitive gestures. Your favourite apps are easy to reach in the Dock, while Launchpad provides quick access to everything. Finder makes it easy to browse and organise your files, with Spotlight ensuring that searching for documents and apps is effortless. It comes with amazing apps like Pages, Numbers, iPhoto, iMovie and Garageband that give you the platform you need for productivity and creativity, with more great apps are available for download from the App Store.
If you own and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8, then you can move between devices in even smarter ways. Make and receive iPhone calls on your Mac, even if your iPhone is in another room. Send and receive both iMessage and SMS text messages on your Mac. Start an email, document or browsing session on one device and instantly pick it up on another.
| Safari | Mail | iBooks | Mac App Store | iPhoto | iMovie | GarageBand | Pages | Numbers | Keynote | Maps | Calendar | FaceTime | Messages | Contacts | Reminders | Preview | Notes | iTunes | Game Center | Time Machine | Photo Booth |
- Accessories Included
- Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H45 x W52.8 x D17.5cm
- Ethernet Port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
- Aluminium and glass
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 500GB hard drive
- Headphone socket
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- 3-in-1 SD, SDHC, SDXC slot
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X Mavericks
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 4x USB 3.0, 2x Thunderbolt, 1x Mini DisplayPort
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core 4th generation Intel Core i5
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 1.4GHz to 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LED-backlit display with IPS technology
- Shop by Type
- Desktop PCs
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Touch Screen
- TV tuner card Information Device that receives digital free-to-air terrestrial and/or analogue television services
- Voice Recognition
- Wall Mountable
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- Facetime HD camera
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection Friday from 2pm
355 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from Friday - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Next day UK delivery
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
Next day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Free Standard delivery in 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection Friday from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Friday