Apple MacBook Pro, MD103B/A, Intel Core i7, 2.3GHz, 500GB, 4GB RAM, 15.4"
A fully-featured laptop inside a sleek, sturdy aluminium shell, the MacBook Pro is designed for maximum performance in minimum size. Your high definition videos, photos and games will look even more brilliant on the sharp 15.4-inch high resolution display. Complete with dedicated graphics and a powerful quad core processor - even the most demanding applications will open and run in moments.
- Your new MacBook Pro will arrive with OS X Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion introduces innovative features including the all new Messages app, Notification Center, system-wide Sharing, AirPlay Mirroring, Game Centre and the enhanced security of Gatekeeper. With iCloud built into the foundation of OS X, Mountain Lion makes it easier than ever to keep your content up to date across all your devices.
- The MacBook Pro features a rapid 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7 processor, 4GB of memory and a long-lasting 7 hour battery. Store your digital photos, music and video on the large 500GB hard drive and enjoy them at the touch of a button with the Front Row interface. Connect wirelessly to Bluetooth enabled peripherals and go online while you’re out and about with AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi.
- The FaceTime HD camera gives you 720p resolution — perfect for the brilliant LED-backlit display — along with improved low-light performance. You and your friends can make HD calls from one new MacBook Pro to another. You can also make video calls to other Intel-based Mac computers, iPhone 4 or the new iPod touch.
- For boosted graphics performance the new MacBook Pro features NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M dedicated graphics with 512MB of GDDR5 memory. Powerful enough for media and gaming, automatic switching with Intel’s HD Graphics 4000 processor means you can conserve power during lighter use.
- With the new Thunderbolt port, you can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display, to create a fully-fledged workstation. Two USB 3.0 ports and a FireWire 800 port let you connect your iPad, iPod, iPhone, digital cameras, and external hard drives.
- The MacBook Pro also features an advanced trackpad with wonderfully intuitive Multi-Touch technology. You can flip through photos, enlarge text and adjust an image using just your fingers. Your hands have room to spread out on the full-size keyboard with crisp, responsive keys. And it’s illuminated so you can see what you’re typing in low-light settings. Navigation is simple and intuitive thanks to the multi-touch trackpad, which doubles as a button.
- The new SDXC card slot supports up to 64GB cards and makes it a snap to transfer all those photos to and from your MacBook Pro, so you can edit and share them on the spot.
iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand))
Mac OS X Lion (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 7 hours
- Bluetooth Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Built-in ethernet connection Information 10/100 Ethernet supports two speeds: 10 Mbps and 100 Mbps. 10/100/1000 includes Gigabit Ethernet for faster wired networking.
- Built-in Webcam
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- 8x SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Computer Software Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new desktop or laptop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H2.41 x W36.4.5 x D24.9cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- High Performance
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M & Intel HD 4000
- Graphics card - video RAM Information Larger amounts of video RAM are better at displaying fast moving and complex graphics
- 512MB dedicated
- HDMI Information High Definition Multimedia Interface - carries video and audio signals in digital form
- Memory card slot Information Greater amount of slots means more variety of card formats can be used
- SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC compatible)
- Model name / number
- Operating system Information Programs that manage the hardware and software of a computer
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion
- Processor Information Brain of a computer enabling a program to run
- Quad-core Intel Core i7
- Processor speed Information The faster the processor the quicker your programs will run
- 2.3GHz to 3.3GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type
- Intel Core i7
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality
- 1280 x 800
- Screen size
- Stereo Speakers Type
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Touch Screen
- TV tuner card Information Device that receives digital free-to-air terrestrial and/or analogue television services
- USB ports Information Universal Serial Bus- socket for transferring data between electronic devices
- 2x USB 3.0
- Wireless networking
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking, IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible, Bluetooth 4.0
Click & collect for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
If you're not completely happy with your item, return it to us for FREE via:
Fill out your reason(s) for return on the back of the delivery note and use the pre-paid Royal Mail Returns label.
John Lewis shops
Take the product and your delivery note to the appropriate department in any of our shops.
Exceptions apply; see returns and refunds information.
Q & As