Nikon 1 AW1 Adventure Kit, Waterproof Compact System Camera with 11-27.5mm Rugged Lens, HD 1080p, 14.2MP, GPS, 3” LCD Screen
The Nikon 1 AW1 delivers high quality images anywhere with its tough, waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof design. Don’t miss the perfect shot with the world’s fastest continuous shooting frame rate, and features like Slow View and Live Image Control. Wireless backup is possible too using the WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter (available separately). It looks great as well with the same retro-modern design that the 1 range has become known for.
Waterproof to 49 feet without a bulky protective housing—carry it rafting, swimming or snorkelling. Freezeproof to 14°F and shockproof to 6.6 feet, it’s ideal for snow sports and biking. Geotag images with the built-in GPS to share on GoogleEarth™ or other GPS-based social networking sites.
Never miss a memory again. Whether it’s a monster snowboard trick or your daughter’s first dance recital, trust important moments to the world’s fastest continuous shooting frame rate (approx. 15 fps with AF) camera. Shooting at 60 FPS fixed focus or 15 FPS full autofocus; the Nikon 1 AW1 also features a 1-inch 14.2 megapixel CMOS image sensor for superior image quality even in low light conditions.
Full HD. Anywhere.
Shoot Full HD 1080p video where no interchangeable lens camera ever could before - underwater, in freezing temperatures, and in the middle of the action, so don’t hold back. The Nikon 1 AW1 is ready to multi task, shooting video while simultaneously capturing high-quality still images. Don’t worry about interrupting your video, just depress the shutter-release button at any time during HD Video recording.
Simple Graphic User Interface menus and Action Control, make navigating menus easy using a tilt of a gloved hand. Even more exciting, an integrated altitude indicator, depth gauge and virtual horizon add exciting details to your images.
Show off those rewarding moments using Selective colour, Miniature Effect and Easy Panorama; that make creating artful images and sweeping landscapes easy. Underwater White Balance delivers rich beautiful colours in the ocean, lake or the family pool.
Wi-Fi module available
Upload high-quality creative images and videos anytime, anywhere, to your smartphone, tablet or other Wi-Fi enabled device using the WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter (sold separately), then share to social media sites, email or text to friends and family.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Floating Strap, Nikon 1 System Bag CF-EU06 (Promo) BK, BF-N2000 body cap, PA-N1000 O-ring protector, WP-O2000 O-ring, EN-EL20 rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover), MH-27 battery charger, AN-N1000 strap (intended exclusively for use on land),
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 220 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- USb, HDMI mini
- Continuous Shooting Speed
- H71.5 x W113.3 x D37.5mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Face Detection
- File Formats
- NEF (RAW): 12-bit, compressed
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture
- Lens Size
- Lens Type
- 1 NIKKOR AW (waterproof)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Self Timer
- Sensor Size
- 13.2mm x 8.8mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Auto; creative, with a choice of the following options: P, S, A, M, underwater, night landscape, night portrait, backlighting, easy panorama, soft, miniature effect, and selective color; best moment capture (slow view and Smart Photo Selector), advanced
- Shutter Speeds
- 1/16,000-30 s in steps of 1/3 EV; BulbNote: Bulb ends automatically after approximately 2 minutes
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread
- Type of Battery
- EN-EL20 Lithium-ion Battery
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- With optional adapter
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
369 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard delivery in 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow