Nikon 1 J3 Compact System Camera with 10-30mm & 30-110mm Len, HD 1080p, 14.2MP, 3” LCD Screen , White
The stylish Nikon 1 J3 is smaller and faster than ever before, with second-generation technologies that ensure you won’t miss a single moment. Great features like Motion Snapshot and Best Moment Capture will reward you with unique, detailed pictures of your family’s active lives.
The luxurious, aluminum exterior feels even better than it looks, and the way it performs is even more impressive. The fast autofocus system, built-in auto pop-up flash and direct access to unique Nikon 1 features via the mode dial make shooting high-quality photos and movies effortless.
- Full speed ahead: the super-high-speed AF CMOS sensor focuses faster and more accurately than ever before. The 14.2 megapixel resolution and high ISO (160 to 6400) enable detailed images in low light.
- EXPEED 3A: Nikon’s next-generation dual-processing engine processes data at incredible speed for unparalleled performance in any situation.
- Advanced hybrid AF (autofocus) system: exceptionally fast autofocus for spot-on pictures, every time—even in low light. The system switches automatically between phase-detection AF and contrast-detect AF, depending on what you’re shooting.
- 15 fps continuous shooting with autofocus: enjoy incredibly high-speed continuous shooting with autofocus and capture full-resolution images at up to 15 fps, or fix focus on one spot and capture full-r
- Best Moment Capture: always get the best shot. Smart Photo Selector takes up to 20 high-resolution images and recommends up to five of the best. Slow View captures up to 20 continuous shots and simultaneously displays them in slow motion on the LCD screen, so you can select the exact moment you want to keep.
- Motion Snapshot: bring your stills to life in just one click. The camera creates an easy-to-share “living image” by capturing a moment in time as a short, slow-motion movie that ends on a freeze-frame. The newly-added e-VR (electronic Vibration Reduction) feature corrects image blur for even sharper snapshots.
- Live Image Control: the quick, easy way to enhance your photos before you take them. Instinctively adjust settings to freeze action, tweak lighting, or blur backgrounds—you can preview the results in real time on the LCD monitor before you take the shot.
- Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1b (available separately): plug it in and send images from your camera straight to your smartphone or tablet.† Easily share moments with friends and family, upload to your favourite social network, or preview images on a larger screen. You can even use the adapter to control the camera remotely via your device.
- Creative Mode: apply filters and effects to still images before you shoot, and access PSAM shooting modes for total control. Enhance the mood with Soft Filter, capture sweeping views in Easy Panorama, and enjoy a world that’s always perfectly lit with Night Portrait mode.
- Movie Magic: get the best of both worlds—capture full-resolution photos (aspect ratio 3:2) while filming a Full HD movie. Shoot in Advanced Movie Mode and enjoy smooth autofocus transitions and crystal clear sound. You can use PSAM controls to determine shutter speed and aperture, and even record in extreme slow motion.
- Built-in Auto Pop-up flash: the easy way to get the lighting right. The built-in, compact flash unit automatically pops up to provide enough light to illuminate subjects up to 6m away from the camera.
Includes: nylon neck strap, battery charger, rechargeable battery, ViewNX2 software, USB cable, Short Movie Creator software, body cap.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Audio Capability
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 220 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- Connection Type
- USB, HDMI out
- H60.5 x W101 x D28.8mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Flash modes
- HD Video
- Image Stabilisation
- Lens Information Lens type please see Buying Digital Camera guide for more information
- 10-30mm + 30-110mm
- Maximum ISO Information International Standards Organisation, is used to measure a cameras sensitivity to light; higher being more sensitive.
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- Nikon 1 J3
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- One rechargeable Li-ion EN-EL20 battery
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Shooting Modes Information Special settings for particular shooting scenarios e.g Portrait, Night Portrait, Landscape etc.
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video capability Information Record moving images
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery in time for Christmas
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery in time for Christmas
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops from 2pm tomorrow
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow (Trial in selected areas)
Have you thought about