Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens, HD 1080p, 24MP, 3x Optical Zoom, 3" LCD Screen
The simple-to-use D3200 is ideal for capturing beautiful family photographs. Whether the moment calls for a family portrait or a sharp shot of toddlers on the run, Guide Mode shows you how to capture stunning photos in no time at all.
D-Movie lets you record full HD movie clips and capture the action in superb quality day or night. Nikon’s advanced EXPEED 3 image processing engine maximizes the performance of the 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor for amazingly clear images with vivid colours. Incredibly lightweight for an SLR, the D3200 makes it easy to capture your family looking wonderful wherever you go.
A 24.2 megapixel image sensor enables you to capture amazingly detailed images and produce sharp enlargements. The 3-inch LCD screen makes it easy to frame and playback your shots.
Low light performance
High ISO sensitivity and continuous high speed shooting significantly reduces the risk of blurred images when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low light.
The D3200 also uses a Scene Recognition System for the very best results. Its state of the art sensor analyses colour and brightness information in the scene you want to capture, and then optimises focus, exposure and white balance as you release the shutter.
There are also a range of retouch functions that let you enhance your photos on the LCD screen. Extensive playback functions including a calendar view that organises images according to the date and time they were shot.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- EN-EL14 rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover), MH-24 battery charger, AN-DC3 strap, EG-CP14 audio/video cable, UC-E17 USB cable, DK-5 eyepiece cap, BS-1 accessory shoe cover, DK-20 rubber eyecup, BF-1B body cap, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM, Reference CD
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 500 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- USB, HDMI mini, accessory terminal, audio-in
- Continuous Shooting Speed
- H96 x W125 x D76.5mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- 3" LCD
- Face Detection
- File Formats
- NEF (RAW), FINE, NORMAL, JPEG + BASIC
- Via optional adapter
- Image Stabilisation
- Lens Aperture
- Lens Size
- Lens Type
- AF-S DX NIKKOR, Nikon F mount (with AF contacts)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Self Timer
- Sensor Size
- 23.2 x 15.4mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape; selected Picture Control can be modified
- Shutter Speeds
- 1/4000 - 30 s in steps of 1/3 EV; Bulb; Time (requires optional ML-L3 remote control)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread
- Type of Battery
- Li-ion EN-EL14
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
366 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard delivery in 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow